PDA

View Full Version : My dog eats goose poop!

ORFISHNHUNT
03-16-2003, 11:12 AM
I have a problem with my dog eating goose and nutria poop while in the field training.Seems to actually like the nutria poop 2 to 1! I am concerned about her getting sick not to mention it distracts from her focusing on the task at hand. This place is very convenient for training so i really want to stay here. Will the poop harm her and how do i break her of this without confusing her on the retrieving lessons?

yallerlab
03-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Is there somewhere else that has some that you could train
her to leave it alone? Then, once she's learned the lesson
there, expand the lesson to everywhere. Worst case,
you might have to take some home and yard train
with it.
I had the same problem with cow poop, but I broke it in the training field. He never tried to stop on a retrieve and eat
it, so there was no conflict with the training.

dukdog7
03-17-2003, 06:41 AM
YUMMMMYYYYY Gooose POOOOPPP !!!!!! :tu: :LOL: :Wt :rof: :GM: :GC:

Chuck Williamson

DOGDOC
03-18-2003, 02:27 PM
If it were my dog, i would not let that happen for several reasons. Perhaps the most important is that she/he might lick me with that mouth!! I have seen dogs come in throwing up, or with diarrhea from eating animals feces, even birds. It would be hard to break the dog of it however (they LOVE it!). Might be easier to find another field.
Not a bad idea to have your dog's fecal sample looked at, birds carry some parasites (ie. coccidia...and others) that the dog can get, as can you.
Good luck,
Dan