PDA

View Full Version : Staking Foots

NWMOhunter
03-23-2003, 10:30 PM
I've read where people will use those long gutter spikes to stake down foots in the wind, but how do you do this? Do you drill a hole in one of the cross members on the feet or in the feet or what?

Eric VA
03-24-2003, 04:56 AM
If you turn the feet upside down you will see a depression in the center of each of the cross members. I take a 1/4" drill bit and drill a hole through the cross members in each of those depressions. You may have to work the drill around or use round file to open up the hole so that the stake easily slides up and down.

NWMOhunter
03-24-2003, 08:43 PM
I guess maybe if I had taken some time to look at the feet before I posted up that maybe I would have seen that. Guess that will give me something else to work on in the off season as well as re-rigging all my ducks.

Also, do you worry about painting the heads of the spikes black or do you just leave them galvanized?

Thanks!

Eric VA
03-25-2003, 05:14 AM
I painted all of mine.

I just took a piece of cardboard and punched all the stakes through it. Then I just painted all the heads at once. It only took a couple minutes.

NWMOhunter
03-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the tip. That will work great for painting them. Knowing me, I would have tried to hold them all and spray them getting my arm and hand covered in black paint. :ST:

Thanks!!!