PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut???????????

goosespirit
03-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Guys,

Took a little trip to Bridgeport, Connecticut this weekend, and it dawned on me that there are several goose hunters from this area on these boards, Dr. Bob, being one.

Tell me, this seemed like a booming metropolis, where the hell do you guys hunt?

Mike

DrBob
03-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Mike, ya should PM'd me, we coulda got together. I'm in the next town over. Bridgeport is one of the lousy areas of CT but I do shoot geese there sometimes:in: The deal is you have to be below the high tide mark (Long Island Sound) and 250' away from buildings housing people, domestic animals, or flammables. The water is where the geese go to loaf when they're done filling up with grass or when everything is frozen and snowed up. Most of our shooting is coastal. Of interesting note (and bad) is i heard on the local news channel a month ago that CT lost 400 farms in the last ten years, yes, that is correct - 400 gone! We can still hunt the rivers and some lakes.

DUCKSBANE
03-31-2003, 11:12 AM
There is also I fair sized marsh in good old bgpt/stratford. Its some what of a shit hole :tu: but its open and can hold birds. Also, the largest marsh in the state (Nells Islands) is in stratford which is the next town to the north. It can be paradise at times!

DUCKDIGGLER
03-31-2003, 05:41 PM
There are a few farms left in my area of the state, the N.W. corner. But as Dr Bob said the farms are droppin like flies. I lose one farm about every 3 seasons, its really gettin tough around here. Up where I hunt it is a little more sceneic than Bridgeport but Its still not like huntin way out in the country, houses everywhere you look, kind of depressing. As Bob said give us a shout out when your in the neighborhood again, we can all hook up and shoot some sporting calsys or knock back a few beers, right DB, beers! Yummie!:VC:

DUCKSBANE
03-31-2003, 08:08 PM
MMMMMMM BEEEERS:VC:

VTblackfoot
04-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Did I hear "BEERS?" I thought you guys were Peach wine drinkers:VC: :OUCH: :BZ:

DUCKDIGGLER
04-01-2003, 06:21 PM
I may be "fancy" as DB suggests but damn it its JD and beers for me Bub!

DUCKSBANE
04-01-2003, 07:10 PM
MMMMMMM PEEEACH WINE:VC:

DUKGOOSHUNT247
04-02-2003, 02:57 PM
You must have forgotten that I have the home made stuff that will knock the shit out of you.

"Put the fingers t the triggers boys!"

DUCKSBANE
04-02-2003, 05:53 PM
MMMMMMMM HOMEMADE STUFF:VC:

DrBob
04-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Home-made? I'm gonna stick to drinkin' antifreeze!:BZ: :VC:

DUCKSBANE
04-03-2003, 08:59 AM
MMMMMMM antifreeze:VC:

DrBob
04-03-2003, 02:56 PM
DB,

You appear to have quite a refined palate regarding the finer aspect of spirits and elixirs - beer, peach wine, homemade stuff, and anti-freeze. Do you still serve on the editorial board work for Wine Magazine?:rof: :rf: :BZ: :LOL:

DUCKSBANE
04-03-2003, 04:04 PM
YES I DO!!!!

Roasted Goose dinner......wine

Mallard and/or blk duck with jalopeno pepper and cream cheese......BEER:Art:

Mallard or blk duck anyway while in VERMONT.......PEACH WINE

:JW:

Bufflehead,scoter,eider..........ANTIFREEZE:tu:

DrBob
04-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Isn't it amazing how antifreeze makes buffleheads taste better?:LOL: