PDA

View Full Version : Size of Dog Box?

Daffysdoom
04-01-2003, 05:37 PM
I have been looking around on the net for a 2 hole, insulated, aluminum dog box for my pickup. They all seem a little small inside for a dog. I have a medium sized lab that should be around 65-70lbs when fully grown. Anyone have any info on this issue?

And if anyone has one for sale, let me know! Thanks.

dukdog7
04-03-2003, 09:08 AM
A good general rule to use is that the dog should be able to get into the box and be able to turn around. Many time box makers will even rate their products for a certain dog size and weight.

Good Luck

Chuck Williamson

Dogbox
04-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Personally, I want a dog box big enough for my dogs to get in an lay down comfortably. I don't want one so tall that it's hard to see over while driving. The size of the box needed depends on your dog's size.

Any easy way to compare your dog to a certain size dog box is to cut a piece of cardboard to the dimensions of the floor of the box, lay this on the floor and then entend a ruler from the floor upward. This will give you a 3D image that you can compare to your dog's size.

Daffysdoom
04-03-2003, 04:45 PM
The boxes ive seen are big enough to lie down, but they are only around 18 inches tall. Is that for dog safety, or to be practical for the driver?