PDA

View Full Version : Higdon Stackable FB'S?

goosespirit
04-03-2003, 12:26 PM
Guys,

I want to supplement my all silo spread with some full body's but I have to walk to most of my spots. I am thinking of adding a dozen or two stackables. What is your opinion of these, Pros and Cons.

Thanks,
Mike

duckpoor
04-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Do it.. you will be glad you did.
Bought some last season and were very happy with both the motion and the quality. Just added anothe doz . Now have 3 doz with 60 feet. Seems about right.
I definately prefer the feeders to the Mixed. The motion of the center stake system is just like a feeding goose.
And the price ain't bad.
Mixed with feet they definated don't detract from a fullbody spread as the "shell" is a fullbody with the belly removed. Looks like the same mold as the full higdon but they still stack.

R green

don835
04-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Gspirit...I have 24 Higdon Stackable Feeders and really like 'em. You may need to repaint the cheek patches on the heads but the paint and feather detail on the body looks Great. They blend in perfectly with BF and HC's. My advice is, go with the Stackable Feeders. Hope this helps ya. Later, Murph.:Rich:

GOOSEMASTERCL
04-15-2003, 10:16 AM
I have an outfitting company in Canada and we added ten dozen to our spread last year. 2002 season we finished with 1326 geese and 456 ducks in 19 days. It was awesome, normally in the past you would only hear me talk about full bodied Bigfoots but the Higdon stackables add lots of movement to your spread and I personally think they are the real deal.

One thing to remember with the stackables though, too much wind makes the dekes move too much. They dance around in really heavy winds. The nice thing about them, is that you can just take them off the stake and use them as a shell.

Thanks and I hope this helps you in your decision.

:wak:

BeenGoosed2
04-17-2003, 06:43 AM
I added 2 dozen to 5 dozen feet. It really helped things out. I highly recommend getting the feeder style dekes ---- both look good, but if you set the decoy in the ground enough to where the beak is hitting the ground, it looks like feeding geese. The sentries look like bobble toys in high winds, so we just took them off the stake.

Buy them --- you won't be dissapointed.

Trigger
04-17-2003, 08:12 AM
I have added a doz. to my spread.. they do add motion and you don't have to play with any springs, or strings..

The motion they add is realistic, but watch the high winds. Instead of takeing them down to the ground, you can add a friction washer to the 1/4 " of rod above the shell that sticks out of their back. It will slide down easy enough, but takes some pulling to push it back the other way. You can find them in the hardware store..

I'll post up a picture of it as a tip of the day.

Trigger