PDA

View Full Version : Hail Call to Flipper..

Trigger
04-17-2003, 09:41 AM
I have gone over all the old posts about painting decoys. I had the opportunity to purchase some "Createx auto air sign and auto airbrushing paint. it's waterbased acrylic enamel paint. I tried some on the black tail feathers, and it dried with a sheen to it.

Should I use a different type of paint outside of acrylic enamel, or can I dull it with some SEM colorcoat(13023) low luster clearcoat.

I'm not against just ordering new paints if this is outside of the "known" ...

On the wasco pages I also found some Flatteners, called Refracted Frost under their supply list.. would this work for enamel. Heck maybe Ishould do a new order..

Thanks for your time .. I and everyone else here appreciates your input and wealth of knowledge.

Trigger

Practise, Practise, Practise..

Dave Smith
04-17-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey Trigger- the flipster is in KY hunting Turkeys. Hopefully, he will see this soon and help.------ Always try to flatten the paint, when possible, rather than spray a flat clear over top of it. The flatteners that WASCO sells are for water based and solvent based acrylics so they probably wouldn't work but it may be worth a small test. If you can contact the co. that makes the paint and ask for a flattener, that is ideal. If the paint just had a SLIGHT sheen, than you can spray a light mist coat after you have sprayed a heavy cover coat and this will kill alot of gloss. Don't spray alot of dry spray, just fog it quickly and move on. Good luck Dave

Flipper
04-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Try some of the Lifetone Hydromist flattener #903, it's listed under the clears and sealers at WASCO. I have some createx and I think it would work it would only take a few drops in the color cup. Let me know if you can't find it.:Rich: