PDA

View Full Version : season putaway

DrBob
04-20-2003, 08:37 PM
well east coast boys, it's only april 20 and just today i finally got the time to clean up and put away the decoys and duck boat. last day of goose was a SUPER low tide and i got tided. Everything, boat, decoys, etc was covereed in lovely black low tide marsh poop and sitting in my garage since feb 15th...

my trailer was a mess, i usually rinse my rig off with fresh water almost every time i use it, as we usually get breaks above freezing here in CT quite regularly. NOT this winter! damn rig went an awful long time without getting cleaned out! salwater is hell!

on the brite side, 6 mos from today i'll be up in ontario shooting geese, YEAH!:Bn:

DUCKSBANE
04-20-2003, 09:10 PM
On the last day of the season after killing our birds I ran back on what seemed like 1 cylinder. I tested it today and sure as shit I blew my bottom cylinder... I am talking toast:CL: :CL: :CL: Looks like a 5000 dollar investment on a merc for me. PAINFULL!!!:OM:
Well while your shootin CA I will be in VT killing banded Mallards in 6 months:tn:

Sandy
04-21-2003, 06:37 AM
Its a never ending cycle isn't it!?!?!? I got all put away last month, but have been repainting and making sillis ever since. And Sept. will be here fast. And oh yeah - I confirmed a 7 day trip to Alberta for the geese in October. Bring it on...

Pete S
04-21-2003, 07:49 PM
DB make sure you send some over towards the CT river after you scare them off the lake. And then I will drive them south on the river.Toward MA and CT LOL.

Pete S

DUCKSBANE
04-22-2003, 08:31 AM
An old fasioned duck drive...sounds good Pete:TT:

tdulkie2
04-22-2003, 06:34 PM
QUACK ---QUACK--QUACK--QUACK--QUACK

:Bn: :Bn:

Pete S
04-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Dave you boys shoot any Ringnecks up there? I would like to realy get one for the wall.
Pete S

DUCKSBANE
04-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Pete
Theres a shit load up there. Year before last they had something like 15,000 on the refuge. We shoot them as fillers, but if you target them they would be easy.

DrBob
04-23-2003, 05:45 PM
pete, i could be wrong but my recollection is that ringnecks don't get really prime until late inn the season. db can correct me if i'm wrong but guys i've spoken to most often said they weren't colored up yet when they shoot them earlier in the season.....

DUCKSBANE
04-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Id agree with that Bob. Although I have killed plenty of mature bulls in full plumage in october.

DUCKDIGGLER
04-23-2003, 06:51 PM
We shot the balls off the Bills up in Maine! Arostook County. Loads and loads of them, not a really smart bird. But very fun to whack!
Good lookin bird also. They don't eat that bad for a diver either.

DUCKSBANE
04-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Plucked and roasted I think they are awsome eating. The ringnecks are even better as their staple diet is plant life.

MMMMMMM roasted ringnecks with a cold dark beer, or peach wine for the VT boys
:Rich:

DrBob
04-23-2003, 07:21 PM
DB i think DD meant bills as in ringbills rather than broad or blue bills. I almost always mistype when referring to you two as DD or DB - too many damn DBs and DDs around here..... from now on its bane or diggler so i don't mistype......

DUCKDIGGLER
04-23-2003, 07:24 PM
As long as it isn't DIGGLERBANE! That would suck! LOL

DUCKSBANE
04-23-2003, 07:29 PM
Death and destruction to DIGGLER would suck:Rich:

Pete S
04-24-2003, 05:54 PM
DUCKSBANE thanks for the info.
Pete S

VTblackfoot
04-24-2003, 06:19 PM
MMMMMM - peach wine :BZ: actually never had it, but it's gotta be good. Hey DB - closer to the season we should hook up for a shoot. Goosespirit and I have a couple of good spots. (killer 'hit and run' goose field too hehehe!)

DUCKSBANE
04-24-2003, 06:27 PM
VT-Im all for it! We could kill some canadas with your or our rigs combined For the "hit and run" then take my rig and kill some ducks over water.:wak: :wak: :wak:
After the carnage....peach wine for everyone! :BZ:

DUCKDIGGLER
04-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Carnage and Peach Wine (make mine NewCastle Brown Ale) sounds awesome! I think the goo and duu are in trouble in the Atlantic Flyway this fall. All the new dekes and calls and guns....shit yeah!

VTblackfoot
04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
the "hit and run" field is a commando-type operation. Not illegal, but borderline (bob, you know the field I am talking about). It is an all silos deal. But the other fields that we hunt are as good as gold most days.

DUCKSBANE
04-25-2003, 03:55 PM
I love the "hit and run" Method!!!camando ops are the best!!!! Count me in.:wak: :wak: :wak: :Bn: :TT:

DUCKDIGGLER
04-25-2003, 04:21 PM
OH you mean an Old Fashioned " Sneaker" hunt, you know you better wear some sneakers! They are easier to run in! LOL:uh:

VTblackfoot
04-25-2003, 05:51 PM
yeah - you got the idea. Like I said - not illegal, just the farmer is a mean 'ol bastard and, well, enough said.

DUCKDIGGLER
04-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Shit I can take'em................... as long as you dudes got my back!

My buddy, in a druken stuper, once said...." Never fight a farmer or a retart, ........they are both stronger than hell....trust me I know"!

His words not mine. True story, I swear. But words to live by...I think! :OUCH: