PDA

View Full Version : redhead decoys

ext. goose
04-22-2003, 07:43 AM
I have read somewhere that the xps and the Greenhead gear are the same decoys. I was wondering if the decoys from redhead are the new and improved models that is the talk of the town or are they lelft overs from last year and I would get the shaft and get the decoys with the paint problem. Thanks for any help

Sinkbox
04-23-2003, 05:23 AM
ext....A lot of folks on here know more about this than me I'm sure but I can share with you what I've found out. The newest readhead/avery decoys will be out around June per my phone call to Fred Z....he was in China getting the new decoys ready but was given this information. In that phone call I was told the newer ones, you see on the Greedhead site now, you could pull behind your truck down a gravel raod and the paint would stay on...man I hope that's the case. The last run production of the the older models I was told have a better paint job than the first ones we heard so much bad about. I just bought 5 dz last week of the last prodiction run of the old ones ($19 dz at Macks) and could not get the piant to scrach off with my thumb nail ( and you could on the first ones, you could "look" if off). I've Testors dull coated on all of then and repainted the mallard hens ( the new hens to be out in June look great, not sure what the deal was with these older one with the stripes on um). I can't wait to get my hands on the new oversize mallards.... Hope this helps!

Sinkbox <><

cself02
04-23-2003, 08:09 AM
SO.... Is XPS the same as greenhead??????? This has been my biggest question, I think even if they paint is crappy I will still buy some because they paint wasn't much worse then the Flambues but they look so much sweeter. I am giong to buy 4 doz for this year. But would be nice if the paint is fixed.

ext. goose
04-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Thank you very much. I guess I need to go the Macks site.

Take A Gander
04-23-2003, 09:21 AM
I spoke to Fred at the show in Windsor the decoys that are going to be carried at Bass Pro are the same decoy. Hope this helps. Full body goose decoy should be ready by hunting season as well.

MC8
04-25-2003, 11:52 AM
I talked to an Avery dealer and he told me that the full body goose decoys were not coming out this year. But he has told me things that are not right before. I hope he is wrong!

Nick Johnson
04-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Who gives a crap where they come from as long as they are durable, look good and decoy geese.