PDA

View Full Version : Well its beginning!

Nick Johnson
04-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Last night I purchased a Paasche VL set airbrush and a compressor. Thanks to Flipper for the knowhow and Marcus Fletcher for the inspiration. Im a little nervous now because Ive spent 155$ and have never touched an airbrush, hopefully it wont suck too bad, I'll post some pics when I get started (Still got to buy some paint:Rich: ) Wish me luck!:SK: :BM:

Prime Time
04-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Nick,
I'd highly recommend purchasing a video on how to use and maintain your airbrush!!! Willy at the Duck Blind has an excellent video "Airbrush 101" and I'm sure there are others out there also. Your airbrush is going to get plugged and it's going to not work right from time to time. This can get a person very upset, but if you know HOW to fix it your one step ahead. It will be the best $20.00 you could spend if your going to get into airbrushing.

Flipper
04-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I will second the video idea, you can save yourself a lot of time watching someone do something instead of the trial and error method. I watched a friend custom paint motorcycle tanks and then got into fish taxidermy and went to schools and seminars on painting fish, that helped a bunch. You will still need to learn control but you will have a lot better understanding of how the thing works. Jump right in there! :Rich:

Nick Johnson
04-24-2003, 08:43 PM
I found the video on the internet and am going to purchase it, thanks for the recommendation, it looks really good. I wouldnt go for the trial and error, there is just too much to learn about airbrushes to do that. I cant wait to get started!:Art:

Mike Elwell
04-24-2003, 11:13 PM
Well Im not saying Im a pro or anything but I just started and I think my dekes look pretty damn good!

Mike Elwell
04-28-2003, 11:34 AM
I know I need to change the color scheme and get better on the airbrush but what do you think of it for my first custom painted foot?