PDA

View Full Version : Any geese left down your way?

featheredfriend
04-25-2003, 07:09 AM
Are there any migrators left down near you fellows? Up here we've only got about half the normal number back. I also hear the other Atlantic Provinces aren't seeing the usual number of geese moving north, Just wondering if they are holed up somewheres or this is it?

Were there alot there earlier this spring before they started the northern push? If not we all had better hope for a good hatch. It gunna be late here tho since we are still fully iced in.

Littman
04-25-2003, 10:15 AM
There are quite a few migrators...It's been cold down here in CT, I think slowing the migration....This is Canadas I'm talking about.....PC

jeff kreit
04-25-2003, 05:32 PM
all of ours have been gone for weeks but i think a lot of local geese have not come home after the 3 plus feet of snow lets see what happens jeff

Pete S
04-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Still a good bunch of migrators around western MA.Was up in my hunting area earlier this evening and saw quite a few flocks.Like Littman said it's been cold down here and probaly stalled them.
Pete S

DUCKSBANE
04-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Back in march there where a ton and I mean aton of ducks and geese in the marsh. I went down to it today and there where few geese and ducks. There where bluewing teal there which we only see during the migration.
Dave

featheredfriend
04-30-2003, 05:56 AM
The migration seems slow this year. Things are starting to warm up here now so hopefully most of the birds sneaked by and will have a great nest.

THanks for the updates

DUCKSBANE
04-30-2003, 04:41 PM
Considering how many birds we had in march compared too now I would say the majority went past us. Lets hope so. We will get the report soon enough, for what thats worth.