PDA

View Full Version : big foot or G&H floaters?

JaketheslayerofMN
04-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Alright guys, this summer I want to get about 3 dozen goose floaters but before that I want to know which is better to buy? Big foots or G&H floaters? I have heard that the G&H heads can easily break off, is this true? Which decoys is more durable and will last longer? Prices are about the same so any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jake

ext. goose
04-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I have doth and I really like the Big foots better. They both look pretty good but I would go with the FOOTS JMHO

Sangamon River Rat
04-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Jake,
You may want to wait and see what the new G&H Goose Floaters are going to look like. I read that G&H was going to have a new line of floating goose decoys out on the market by this fall.
I don't know what their website address is, but you may want to check it out.
:wak:

Xtremefowler
04-27-2003, 10:35 AM
I started out with some G&H floaters. I had a couple heads break off when it was really cold out. I have know switched over to bigfoot floaters. The thing I like about the BF's is that they are bigger and the heads won't break and they look awesome. The only down fall I have with the BF's is that they are heavy and if you have to walk in you won't be able to carry many. If you don't have to walk in or hunt out of a boat I would get the BF's. Just my opinion, hope this helps.

calduckboy
04-27-2003, 08:24 PM
they new g&h goose decoys look very good. they some what look like big foots but better. they have more head styles then big foots do. im deffintly going to buy some.:Art:

widgnwhacker
05-04-2003, 10:09 PM
G & H !!

I have had some for about 5 years now and have not had one problem with them !!

WW

Goose Bandit
05-06-2003, 10:52 PM
I USE BIGFOOT FLOATERS AND LOVE THEM:Art: HAVE HAD VERY GOOD LUCK WITH THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS

Matt Jones
05-07-2003, 01:45 AM
I have both Foots and G&H's and neither is a bad decoy. If I had to choose though, I'd go with foots. I know G&H came out with a new body design, but I thought except for a couple new poses the heads were the same??? That's the biggest downside on the G&H's IMO...the heads are brittle and will brake.

JEDJR
05-08-2003, 10:33 AM
I agree, I dont think you could go wrong with either decoy. Yes, G&H is coming out with a revamped decoy this year that is suppose to be more realistic and lifesize.