PDA

View Full Version : Think this will work?

Sandy
04-28-2003, 06:17 AM
Pic quality isn't the best but... This is first one painted, still have to 2nd coat white. You guys think they'll fool the resident geese? I've got several different body positions and have 57 more to paint!

cself02
04-28-2003, 06:56 AM
I think they look great you should have no problems,

Good job on the detail.

:BZ: :BZ:

BrianM
04-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Watch out for shine but other than that they should fool birds most of the year!!!

twells
04-28-2003, 09:13 AM
damn!

those look good. did you hand paint the feather detail or did you make a template from the real geese? that looks real good. is it 4mm couragated plastic?

thomas

Sandy
04-28-2003, 09:45 AM
4mm corr. plastic

hand painted detail

tried template that I made and didn't like results

shot some pics of live geese on a local lake and then blew them up 11 X 14 and keep them on a board right beside my painting table, thats what I am going by. got pics of swimming, feeding, sentries, resting, etc...

it takes a while to paint, but the results are worth it!!!

:Rich: :Rich: :Rich:

twells
04-28-2003, 11:39 AM
could you give us paint codes that you used? did you have to mix any paint or was it all normal colors? also, how did you paint, was it an airbrush or what? what Primer and all of the good stuff. do they shine? how is the paint on them? will it hold or is it going to flake off? sorry about all of the questions, i have 3 doz homemades that i am going to paint soon and i just want to do it right!

thomas

Sandy
04-29-2003, 06:00 AM
here are the paints:

primer - Krylon primer
black - Rustoleum flat black
white - W-Mart Exterior latex flat white
body brown - Sherwin Williams #2203 "Birdhouse" flat exterior
chest - Sherwin Williams #6073 "Perfect Greige" flat exterior
feathering detail - Krylon Perfect Camoflage Ultra Flat Khaki

all brushed by hand
#3 round bruch for feathering detail