PDA

View Full Version : Customizing BF heads ?

AllAboutH20FowL
05-09-2003, 08:11 AM
I am reaching here because I have had very little experience with this but don't they make a tool that you can bend PVC with. I think that it is like a tape that you wrap around PVC pipe and it heats it up enough to bend it. Do you think that it would work on heads? Just a thought I guess.

Goose Bandit
05-09-2003, 09:41 AM
DON'T KNOW IF THAT WOULD WORK TO GOOD I THINK THAT PVC IS ALOT THICKER MATERIALTHAN THE HEADS IF IT WAS ME I THINK I WOULD PASS ON THAT

AllAboutH20FowL
05-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Good piont goose. I am not sure if this thing has a heat adjustment or not.

GQQSE
05-09-2003, 11:14 AM
They make two models to bend conduit I think. One is a blanket type that heats up and wraps around the conduit, the other is a machine that heats up and you stick the conduit in it. Don't know if the blanket type will work... seems a little risky. If you're lookin for custom head positions, check out my post "I'm choppin heads" on this forum or "neck collar colors" on the illinois forum. I used a soldering gun and it worked great... here's a pic of one I did with a collar...

AllAboutH20FowL
05-09-2003, 12:40 PM
GQQSE.... That looks damn good. I was just thinking that it would save time to heat them and bend them but they are pretty thin so you would probably melt them depending on how hot they get. Thanks for the pic.

Maxima
05-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Cliff posted up on this quite a few months ago. He said to fill the head with some heated shot to keep the head from collapsing when you bend it. You might have to heat the plastic on the outside depending how warm your shot is. I haven't tried it, but it might be worth a shot. No pun intended!