PDA

View Full Version : Border colliesand geese

tdulkie2
05-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Read this article about the dogs and geese and them poisioning the goose eggs with oil???

Bostonherald.com/lifestyle.html Monday,12 2003

Tim:ST:

DUCKSBANE
05-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Tim, What article? There is no link.

tdulkie2
05-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Just go to bostonherald.com
go to (lifestyle) try that DB

Tim

JEDJR
05-12-2003, 02:49 PM
I read something about this on another site. They are asking people not to feed the local geese and they were putting oil on the eggs. I guess this to help control the local population.

tdulkie2
05-12-2003, 03:03 PM
But what piss me off was here WE are waterfowlers trying to help waterfowl through Du and other org.,and these people are stopping the growth of them ,i wanted to do when they grow up ,see my point just my opinion .02$

Tim (I'm not getting soft on YA!)

DUCKSBANE
05-12-2003, 03:11 PM
GUESS YOU BOYS IN MA ARNT ABLE TO KILL ENOUGH OF THEM BIRDS:OUCH: We can come up and give you boys a hand with your goose problem.:wak: :wak: :wak: :Deb:

Black Brant
05-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I agree with you Tim, I've read the article also ,Pissed me off Big Time, i don't understand there thinking on Oiling the Eggs, I realize there talking about Residence Geese but i'm sure there's another way with out hurting the Eggs, and having to hire $$$$$$$$$$$$ someone with Border Collies to chase from Parks to water then back again, just doesn't make sense to me, Just my .02 cents

Kevin

tdulkie2
05-12-2003, 04:22 PM
I hear ya Kevin,give ma a call do some fishin and calling ??

DB-Ma Boys are just freindly enough to give you CT boys some birds!! We don't want you guys WHINNING!!:BM: :BM:

Tim

DUCKDIGGLER
05-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Great way to spend them tax dollars! TOO MANY GOD-DAMN LIBERALS! Makes me sick. How about letting some hunters killl those geese and feed the homeless with the meat. That makes more sense to me, but what the hell do I know?

LIBERALS are A-HOLES!!:st:

Black Brant
05-12-2003, 06:49 PM
True DD ,I can't see why someone or some organization doesn't try to incubate the eggs !!! DU or Dw ???????

Black Brant
05-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Tm Will do as soon as i get caught up , work wise,LOL

Gundog
05-13-2003, 02:01 PM
I think the article referred to geese on the Public Gardens @ Boston Common. Might be tough to get permission to hunt there but on the up side you could just let the homeless retrieve the birds and keep them. Might even be able to teach a few of the locals how to hunt waterfowl. Wonder iff they make steel shot for mini 14's, mac 10's or the loke??? :rf:

DUCKSBANE
05-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Some times you have to read beyond the headline.:Rich:

Goose Bandit
05-14-2003, 08:05 AM
That is BS: on what they are doing. Last year in Eastern ND there was a copule farmers that were trying to take care of the local population. The land owner can call the game and fish and get a FREE license to take 30 geese on their land, BUT you have to let them LAY you can't pick them up. There were a couple farmers that got caught running gooslings over with Rock Rollers. They are about 40 feet wide and they use them to push rocks into the bean ground to keep them out of the combine. And many times the mother goose would get run over trying to protect her hatch NOW THAT IS BULLSHIT

ZIG
05-30-2003, 01:49 AM
The problem with the geese in certain is understandable, BUT don't just mash them with a tractor and sick the dog on them. I am probably like everyone else and believe there is a solution. I don't know the answer but the route they are taking is not the way to go.
Couldn't they move the gooslings and transfer them somewhere pretty easily? You could haul alot of little geese in a livestock trailer and be to an area they are needed in just a short time.
Oiling the eggs and just killing them like they where a bunch of ants is just wrong.
Damn, I kinda came off sounding a little soft in this post but where is the animal rights people now? They want to bother legal hunters but don't say nothing about something like this.