PDA

View Full Version : Request from Flipper Re: Painting Decoys

Trigger
05-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Flipper.

I have read over the original post on painting your decoys and the fourty some other post on the topic. I'm in process of painting up a bunch of decoys. For us guys who have to paint by numbers.. Can I ask you to post up a decoy, just with the tan, painted on, and then the next step..

I'm still having problems...

:ST:
Could be because I'm painting Higdon's and don't have a feather pattern to follow.

Thanks for all the help,,, past and present

Trigger:

kygoose
05-12-2003, 07:08 PM
The Higdon's are tough to do, Flipper showed me a way to do em , but it takes something I don't have. Patience, time & the big thing TALENT.

Flipper
05-12-2003, 08:42 PM
I will try to take some step by step photo's for everyone this week and post some picks. I have a dozer coming the end of the week to put in some potholes so it's going to be a busy one but I will try and work it in. Until then class, practice making thin lines in the shape of the outline of the feather! he he Get some cardboard and rig up an easal sp? to spray on. Make uniform spots and thin lines without a blob on each end and try to do some graduated shading from light to dark. That way you won't notice that I was mowing instead of painting a decoy for you! he he I will try and jump on this this week for everyone.:Rich:

Flipper
05-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Will this help?

Flipper
05-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Different day and mood.

Trigger
05-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Ya Jeff

That was the picture I was looking for. showing the Chocolate Brown and Tan along the back edge of the feather.

I really see what you were saying about shade,, not paint.

Trigger