PDA

View Full Version : How hard would it be to paint some bigfoots like specs??

twells
05-13-2003, 01:21 PM
couldn't i just use a normal bigfoot body and paint the head differently with orange feet? paint some bars on the chest and call it a decoy, would it work fella's??

thanks

thomas

Maxima
05-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Tom, it should'nt be a problem. On one of the Whistling Wings videos they are hunting with Kevin Gross in California and he had his Foots painted into specks, looked pretty good. You might take a look at Jim Jones website also, he has a BF painted into a speck.

JEDJR
05-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Yes, it can be done. I have toyed with the idea myself. A buddy of mine called Bigfoot because they use to make spec fullbodies years ago. They said changing the paint machines over was just not worth it. Said there was no market for spec decoys. Go figure that out.... Good luck!

JEDJR
05-14-2003, 08:43 AM
twells, did you see the pic of the new Hardcore specs? There aint none better! check it out!

twells
05-14-2003, 08:58 AM
yeah i saw them. they are nice but i am just looking for about a half a dozen for some early season shooting. don't want to spend that much. i though that i could buy some extra bigfoot heads and paint them for specks, throw some bars on the chest and call them speck decoys. then for late season i can just have some honkers when i put the honker heads back on. they will have bars on their chest but by the time the geese see those it will be too late!!

also, i will get some extra feet to paint orange for the specks.

thomas

Specklr
05-14-2003, 11:10 AM
customnorthwinds does repainting for fullbodies I think they charge something like 15 to 20 dollars to paint bigfeet decoys and they do a good job

JEDJR
05-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Yeah, Jim Jones does great work!

FANATIC
05-14-2003, 06:00 PM
can someone please email/pm the website for jim jones... thank you kindly...

BlueWing
05-14-2003, 07:28 PM
here is a tip instead of painting your foots just use some black hockey tape cut it how you want it and sitck it on as your bars and there ya go and it comes off ( you guys do know what hockey tape is dont ya?):BM: :BM:

twells
05-14-2003, 08:10 PM
that's a good idea, but what's hockeY?????

j/k

sounds real good, i'll try it and post some pics when i am done.

now, where would i get the right shade of paint for a speck head? thanks

thomas

JEDJR
05-15-2003, 07:59 AM
On the way Fanatic!