PDA

View Full Version : ???? on old decoys

WOLF
05-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Recently I received a box of duck decoys. There paper mache mallard decoys made by J C Higgins from Sears Roebuck . Also
there are some plastic models , each decoy is stamped by the type of duck. The decoys are stamped Made in Italy, and are also
stamped IG . Does anyone known how old they could be ? and if there is any value to them ? They never been used.
Thanks
WOLF

Goose Bandit
05-14-2003, 06:47 AM
I know that my father used these back in the 70's but their are probably older than that, as far as value can't help you sorry

Matt-MN
05-14-2003, 08:11 AM
I have some from my dad who hunted over them in the 60's. But dont know what they are really worth. I think I have seen them at antique stores for $15-20. But you could probilbly buy at a garage sale for $3-5. I guess thier valve is what someone will pay.

Sangamon River Rat
05-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Wolf,
The paper mache decoys were probably made in the 1950's-1960's. The value of the paper mache decoys would depend on the species, overall condition (original paint, re-paint, any dents, holes, etc.....). If you have a way to post a photo of the decoys, I could help you out some more. One more thing, the value of decoys anymore is getting to be how much is someone willing to pay for it. You can go to E-*** and do a search on "decoys", it's unreal what some people are paying for paper-mache decoys.
I have been collecting antique decoys for about the last 8 years and have seen the paper-mache decoys go from $1.00 decoy to $10.00-$50.00 decoys, and even higher!!!!! I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Sangamon River Rat:wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

ext. goose
05-22-2003, 09:59 AM
I sold some paper mache coots on the auction site and they went for alot more than I thought. Anywhere from 15 to 25 bucks a piece. Hope this helps some.