PDA

View Full Version : Tough day of Brushing

Nick Johnson
05-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Just got my bottle of flattening concentrate, spilled half of it.:ST:

some other stuff went wrong too, but thats the process of learning, anyway heres the results of the day, 2 decoys done. The feeder I painted the whole side tan then worked in the brown and on the other I did it the traditional method. Kinda did it just to see how it looks. Looks cool, especially from a distance, but im not sure how much of a goose it looks like:Rich:

Goose Bandit
05-15-2003, 08:16 PM
those look great you'll have a very good looking spread

Prime Time
05-16-2003, 06:17 AM
These decoys are looking better than your first. I think very soon you will be making some really realistic looking decoys. My first thoughts are go with less brown on the sides of your decoys. That brown is to dark. A gooses back is usually a darker color than it's sides and I feel your backs look just about right, so lighten the sides up from there. I haven't started my Bigfoots yet, but I will as soon as I get a little time. Otherwise looking good. Keep posting up picks of your progress and let us know what you are learning.

Later,
Prime Time

Jubilee
05-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Those are far better than the decoys that I have painted, but higher caliber of quailty. Guess it just takes practice

BB
05-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Looks good. Does anyone else have pictures to share? I was watching the Out of Thin Air video on Tuesday and noticed the custom foots they had. I just looked at the Final Approach page and the page on Ron Laatchaw has a nice looking feeder in the picture with him. Does anyone know how they are painted? They look almost photographic.

extrapale
05-16-2003, 11:31 AM
I believe those are from Marcus and Cory.