PDA

View Full Version : Little warning about Flambeau floaters

Jossie
05-16-2003, 11:56 AM
For any of you guys who own Flambeau floaters and have to store your decoys out in a garage, where it gets hot as he!! Do not store them keel side down. I did it last year and all the keels all bent over side ways. Yes, you can apply some heat and get them bent back, but it is just easier to store them on there backs and not have to worry about that.
Just a little heads up there.:cool: :cool:

Jubilee
05-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up:Art: :Art: :Art: :Rich:

wetdawg
05-27-2003, 06:07 AM
Unh, do you mean, that I shold store them with the keel hanging straight down, and not with the body weight laying on top of it?
How did you get the decoys to lay flat on their backs?
I am thinking that I should cut slots wide enough for the keels, in a piece of plywood, and suspend it from the ceiling?

Jossie
05-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Wetdawg, do not put the body weight on the keels. Your idea with the plywood sounds like it would work fine. I have a table in my garage and I lay them on there backs with the head hanging over the end of the table and then stack them on top of each other. You could also build a little shelf for them and stack them that way.
I was a little shocked this past year when I saw how badly the heat had bent the keels over. I know it's not good to store them where there is that much heat but sometimes you have no choice.:cool: