PDA

View Full Version : Skitish?

Tim Williams
06-20-2003, 01:46 PM
What makes a 3 yr old female lab turn into a big pussy when she sees an ironing board, tall lamp, semi tractor rig go by & she goes to my office once a week & it's just like she has never been there. Get her in a hunting situation & she is a gang buster. Within the past year she has been diagnosed w/ Primary Parahypothyroidism w/ seizures & close to death a couple of times. She is fine now but under treatment for the rest of her life. Could her illness have something to do w/ her being a scaredy cat? Just curious.

cself02
06-23-2003, 07:09 AM
Tim-

I would say so, in my experience for myself (not a dog) but I got, stuck and probed and xrayed and cat scanned when I was in 1st and 2nd grade cause I had a serious migrain problem and since migrains were a rare thing then they did a bagillion test, it took me until I was about 16 before I would even look at a needle without being skidish. So I could relate and say that is most likely your problem.

Ease her back into things and she should forget about it all soon enough.:Art: :Art: :Art:

good luck