PDA

View Full Version : Whats everybody up to?

DUCKDIGGLER
06-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Kinda quiet around here lately. What are all you fellas doing? Anybody been shooting? Fishing? Whats the skinny? Hey anybody get any new calls or gear? Lets hear it! DD

Black Brant
06-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Hi DD

Well a lot going on here , first there's work , six days a
week to pay for all the new gear,LOL , and of course Bills
Still waiting on the Lynchmob Call and a Double G, They both should be here anyday now?????, Just recieved my A5 Magnum
back from the Refinisher and all i can say is what an Awsome Job
Just ordered a Franchi 612 Black Synthetic for my son , and picked
up some more Goose Floaters, Haven't picked up the Rod yet but
maybe next weekend ???? oh and the there's the Honey Dew List:Wt :LOL:

jeff kreit
06-21-2003, 04:38 PM
working like everyone else is it sept 1 got the gun loaded and ready jeff

featheredfriend
06-21-2003, 05:47 PM
been flat out at work. Was somehow things would slow down some this summer but that ain't the case so far.

The Salmon season is underway here and spending most evenings at that for now, once the main run strikes in I'll be up w/ the sunrise as well then.

Bring on the waterfowl season.

DUCKSBANE
06-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Shooting fish on this end. Weather sucks! I am competing in the NY state spearfishing championship tommorow. I am the defending champion so the pressure is on.

Pete S
06-21-2003, 07:51 PM
I've been working like a fool.And rounding up donations and such for the calling contest in Sept.You boys should have some awsome prizes if everyone comes through.So tommorow I'm going to a 100 bird sporting clays shoot and BBQ.Got a squad made up of all the folks I hunt whith.Should be a blast.
Pete S

Gundog
06-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Been forced to take a few left over "turkey hunting" vacation days before the end of the month..has been tough being out striper fishing instead of sitting in the office!! Took a 41" and 36" Striper last Mon. afternoon. Went out cod fishing off of Stellwagen Bank with my dad and brother in my brother's 23' Seacraft today. Took a few nice cod but the highlight of the day was my dad taking a 35 lb. striper on a cod jig out of 125 ft. of water. Not bad for a guy who will be hitting 82 yrs young this Aug! Had to hold him by the belt when the fish got in close.. just returning the favor from about 40+ years ago!

V BOARD
06-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Starting to grow webbed feet with all the rain we been having!Work is a little tough with all the lovely weather!But... got a 13ft boston whaler last week the price was right!FREE lady just wanted it out of there.Hull is in excellent shape,can't beat that!So that will keep me busy for awhile.

VTGUNNER
06-25-2003, 04:14 PM
to buy some more new things for the season...Growing vegetables to cook with all those goose breast this season, and trying to get some carving in....Other than that BORING....Come on Fall!!!!!!!!!!

huntingmarsh
07-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Same as you all WORK. It worth it though just ordered a new advantage wetland berretta pintail and I plain on getting some more dekks too, not that i need any.

Corey

MagTen
07-07-2003, 08:39 PM
I'm building a duck boat this summer and expect to finish it before dove season.

This is a 15-foot sneak boat with a 70-inch beam - the Black Brant III design by Sam Devlin. Its rated for 30-hp, but I found a great used Mercury 20-hp. Now I need a trailer...

MagTen

Goose Reaper
07-10-2003, 08:18 AM
All sorts of stuff! Work, of course, scouting, built a new boat blind for the War Eagle, camper shell for the truck bed decoy trailer, attempted to get some food plots done...didn't happen...banded geese with the State 5 days in the last couple weeks, bought a few more Big Foot floaters, making some homemade silos out of corrugated plastic sheeting in a couple weeks and generally fartin' around!haha
Headed out this afternoon to bang down some more doors asking permission...have a baker's dozen on the list. Mailed off 60 or so letters to various landowners all over the place yesterday. My goal on the letters is 10% return, that's 6 new farms! Asked face-to-face at 11 farms so far, also. Only picked-up one, but what a farm! Massive pond, cow pastures, corn, barley, alfalfa, everything. Place generally holds inb/w 300 and 1000 birds pretty steady. Farmer was very happy to hear I could come during the week as he said he has a couple other hunters who come on Saturdays only, but he said the geese just come right back on Monday!:Rich:
Renewed permission on 7 farms and a boat ramp so far. Have a couple more to get to still. It's a wonder what a smile, a handshake, and a big bag of peanuts can do for a man!

Happy Hunting!

Goose Reaper