PDA

View Full Version : Higdon Sucks

Layoutman
06-23-2003, 04:41 PM
TO airbrush! Talk about small feathers - seems to take forever. Any tips on getting these done a little quicker? Think I would rather go to the dentist than do the last dozen higdons.

MARIO
06-24-2003, 05:01 PM
If you are talking about the detail on the higdon full bodies. What I did was take the lighter color paint for the feather highlights and spray from the back of the decoy to the front. The ridges for the feathers stick out on the sides and the top. If you spray with the airbrush from the ass of the bird forward you will hit the highlight behind the feather.........then go back and do your darker brown wherever you don't have the light to give you the feather shine. If you need more info on this feel free to pm me or call 503-209-2763. Good luck

Nick Johnson
06-26-2003, 09:26 AM
I like painting Higdons, I think the overall product looks better than a foot in some cases. Was thinking of buying exclusive Higdons just for painting. Heres a pic of a couple Ive done...

kygoose
06-26-2003, 10:23 AM
The Higdon stackables are a lot easier to paint than the Higdon fullbodies.

kirsch
06-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Curious why the stackables are easier since they are really a Higdon full-body with the bottom cut off. Wouldn't it be the same paint and detail? Just curious.

Layoutman
06-27-2003, 05:44 AM
My comment was painting the Higdon fullbodies. The feather is really small now the Higdon stackables are a different story 10 times easier to paint than the fullbodies.

Plus I can't seem to get my paint right for the feather detail. It seems I'm always to light or to dark. Lately, I've been doing the feather detail with a brush so I can mix it right.