PDA

View Full Version : The other retrieve

huntingmarsh
06-23-2003, 10:09 PM
I heard of people training there dog how to retreive you a soda or a beer out of the frige and then bringing it back to you. Anyone every tried this before because I think it would be the best show off trick!!! Thanks for the help.

Corey

chcltlabz
06-24-2003, 06:05 AM
OK, I'll admit it. I've taught my dog these stupid parlor tricks, like playing dead, and shutting the doors, but never serious training.

Labs are very eager to learn, and enjoy this "fun learning" sometimes. Just don't let it interfere with other training.

huntingmarsh
06-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Yeah I know I've just heard many things and I figured I'd just ask if it was hard to play around with you pup. I've been messin around with rolling over just while i'm sittin outside. Just want to teach her while shes young.

Corey

Woods and Water
06-25-2003, 08:39 AM
I have in the past trained my field dogs to do "TRicks"mainly to amuse my family and freinds.I agree that as long as it doesnt interfere with the field training your ok doing it.
You would train them the same way as anything else repatition and praise and it will come.
Good luck with the can retrieving that is one trick I didnt teach them....I think that would be funny as .... .