View Full Version : GOOD NUMBERS FOR THE ATLANTIC

Sinkbox
06-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Check it out!
http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/reports/wps03/eont.pdf

Numbers over last year - geese up 13%
Divers up 16%
If you shoot a lot of goldeneyes, better load up on ammo! +300%

Check out the ducks that don't dive......
(wonder what they look like?)........
Their numbers are WAY UP over 2002!

Sinkbox <><

DUCKSBANE
06-25-2003, 07:02 AM
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great news!!.....thanks SB:cool: :TT:

featheredfriend
06-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Yeaa encouraging news. I can't wait for the report to come out on strata 65 66 67.

The boys are after logging plenty of hours. Some good reports. Ring neck appear to be up around here this season.

Bones
06-25-2003, 10:24 AM
That's great news - but wonder what you guys are seeing local. I have seen geese with little ones and woodducks with little ones - but I haven't seen to many mallards with little ones. Kinda of concerned a little - especially for the opener. By this time of year - I have seen a couple of clutches on the lake but I think I may have seen only one. Hopefully the rain didn't washout nests or harm nesting conditions of the mallards - what are you guys seeing?
Bones

quack addict
06-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Bones, you are obviosly donating enough of your "little soilders" to the goose and wood duck breeding program, but do me a favor the next time your rubbing old "Mr. Skippy" out in the woods shoot a nest of mallard eggs with some of that Dr. Kenyons love serum.:OUCH: Bwahahaha

Sinkbox
06-25-2003, 05:50 PM
We've got a ton of resident geese...like the last 10 years, more every year. We've had sooooooo much rain, most ever here in SE,
that the birds are all spread out all over the place......but seems (where we hunt mostly that the resident mallard pop feel way off three years ago and hasn't recovered yet. We won't do much here though unless we have it could up north "real early in Sept & Oct".....that's the key for us.

Sinkbox <><

Bones
06-26-2003, 05:43 AM
hey QueerAddict,
It wasn't me that Bill had to keep from humping those dead geese behind the blind at the flocknocker hunt maybe next time you should bring a bib instead of a call- Its quite obvious your just jealous that I have some "live" swimmers! :BM: :Art:
Bones:Rich:

Duncan/Mtl
06-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Where would You Find The Reports for Futher North ?Thanks

DUCKDIGGLER
06-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a "sticky" situation, eh Bones?:GM:

quack addict
06-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Ha ha ha ha!!! You kill me Bones. Everybody that attended the East Coast hunt knows there were no dead geese anywhere near me, just piles of goose $hit.:SK: Speaking of an East Coast hunt, anybody got any info. for this year yet. I want to get an early reservation at the motel, as far away from Bones and Pete S.'s room as possible. Bwahahaha

Bones
06-29-2003, 08:12 PM
Well maybe if you wore your face mask and knew how to call with that girly purple call YOU guys would have had better luck... cause if I remember correctly - Pete, Bill and myself did get a bunch of birds the first morning! It wasn't until we hunted with you that our luck went south! BWAAAHAAAAAAA!
Bones:BM: