PDA

View Full Version : Decoy paint protection

soto11
07-10-2003, 02:16 PM
does any one have any ideas about putting a clear coat over your paint job on your decoys? or something like that to help stop the scratching of the decs. i have some new hardcores and needed a little help.

honker slayer
07-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Get hold of flipper on the decoy forum, if anybody can help you he can.:Rich:

soto11
07-11-2003, 01:52 PM
ok i wiil try flipper

Flipper
07-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Sorry I didn't get with you faster, I am a tech. for a local phone company and we have gotten killed by all this Indiana weather and they told us manditory overtime 10 hours a day and 7 days a week until we are caught up. So my forum time is limited right now. I sent you a PM. For the rest of you guys, I don't have any Hardcores so I wouldn't dare say what to put on them. I would check with the guys that made them. But, IMHO, I would baby them and not chance putting a clear coat on them.
Jeff :Rich:

greyghost16
07-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Krylon artist's spray fixatif is a very matte finish overspray used to preserve works of art like charcoal drawings and pastels which could easily be smeared or damaged. I have sprayed it on Bigfoot decoys which I got too glossy and it really flattens the gloss. I believe it may offer the kind of protection you want.