PDA

View Full Version : * GEESE PER DAY

WOODIE13
07-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Took this from another site.

What do you think about it?

8 PER DAY (http://www.charleston.net/stories/072703/spo_27outfillerbriefs.shtml)

quack addict
07-30-2003, 06:56 AM
That sounds like a lot! We usually get 5 per day and that always sounded like to many, but not to many people around here get 5 a day, everytime out. I don't know what the shooting is like there, but maybe the high limit is based on a small number of hunters or maybe nobody is going to actually "harvest" (hahaha! I love that term) that many. I'd be interested in hearing some response from someone in that area.

DUCKSBANE
07-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Im all for it. There are days during the season when the conditions are right and 25 birds comes quick. On those days 8 birds would be great. Someone needs to kill those vermon!:Rich:

DUCKDIGGLER
07-31-2003, 04:31 AM
Dave you got your wish buddy...............8 per day in the South Zone during Sept. season!

Duck season basically the same as last year 6/60.
1 black, 4 mallards, possibly 3 woodducks.
Cans will be open 30 days,late season.
Brant at 3 per day again.

Goose seasons and zones same as last year, 3 zones at 2/45, 2/60 and 3/70.

I'm going from memory so I know I missed something.

It was the fastest meeting they have had in years, outta there in 45 minutes.

Oh yeah they neck collared another 500 geese this year!

DUCKSBANE
07-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Thanks DD. Sounds good!

Wish they would give us those 8 in the late season NOT the early season..

Eric VA
07-31-2003, 05:10 AM
I agree w/ the VDGIF reasoning for sticking w/ a 5 bird limit...the real problem resident goose population is in areas where hunting isn't allowed. Increasing the limit would only stand to deplete the hunted population and not those that are on golf courses, city parks, and suburban drainage ponds.

WOODIE13
07-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Just shy of 3200 banded here this year. Looking for some jewelry.:Art:

honker slayer
08-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Wow sounds like you must have a ton of geese if you can shoot 8 per day:BM:

goosehunters
08-03-2003, 05:57 AM
we get 5 per day here. That is enough except during the nuisance goose season. Shouldnt be a limit then. Shoot them all.

DUCKDIGGLER
08-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I hear that NY is getting 8 per day for the whole state for the entire Sept. season.

Does anyone know if this is true?

GanderGrinder? GoosefaceKilla? Anybody?

real oak lane
08-03-2003, 07:36 PM
We had a discusion about this a while back. One of our Division of Wildlife guys said on a radio show a really silly ass thing about a possible 25 bird limit here. We got to talking about wanton waste and what effect huge limits would have in bringing out the fence sitting type hunters. You know the guy that has not the first clue and hunts once a year, needs to or not, and the dog from hell.

Would you just get over run with these types and give the good hunters a black eye. You know when P.E.T.A finds the 150 uncleaned dead geese in a McDonalds dumpster cause they lucked out and got on a roost and killed every goose and never cleaned them or did not know how.These were just a few of the what if's we tossed around.

I think 5 will keep them there on fence, you start raising it and they may just get a wild hair.This make any sort of sense to anyone else or is my thinking off a bit???Would be curious to know what other thoughts are as far as the impact from fence sitter type hunters may be.

Rich

quack addict
08-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Rich, I agree completely. When we went from 2 to 5 all of a sudden we had guys stealing fields and spots on the river that either had only hunted once or twice before or who had decided I'll hunt anything that I can kill 5 of. I say let them sit on the fence, and let that fence be covered with fire ants.:cool: Oh yeah, and let the P.E.T.A. bastards sit on that fence as well.

Pete S
08-04-2003, 05:53 PM
RIGHT ON Pete!!!! Ever since they went from 3 to4 and then to 6 ducks aday.Every dip shit whith a dozen decoys and a spinner is out there.And they have no f*&*ing clue what it means to be a real waterfowler.
Pete S

Bones
08-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, Right on Pete(QA)!! :BM:
Now when are you going to send those two mojo's that I lent ya!
Since you have had them, my mallard machine and duck butt have not looked the same in my spread! BWAAHAAAAAAAA
Bones:Rich:

quack addict
08-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Bones, those Mojo's suck here in Pa., since we can't use any electric decoys, my fingers are sore from sitting there spinning the wings... I'll fed ex them back today. Bwahahaha. I always new you were a perv, staring at duck butts. By the way I am one of the dipshits with MORE than a dozen decoys. F@#k P.E.T.A. I will now climb down off of my soapbox. Thank you and goodnight.

gandergrinder
08-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DUCKDIGGLER
I hear that NY is getting 8 per day for the whole state for the entire Sept. season.

Does anyone know if this is true?

GanderGrinder? GoosefaceKilla? Anybody?

Yep, it's true........It's not "officially official" yet...........but it will be the way it is this year.:Art:

DUCKDIGGLER
08-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks Josh!

Woods and Water
08-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Hey guys just thought Id jump in and if your ever in need of another man to fill the pit....call me!!!! 8 geese!!!Nice!!!:Rich:

Mike B
08-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Its official in Connecticut 8 geese per day for the whole state during the Sept season.

WOW!!!:wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

Mike

DUCKDIGGLER
08-08-2003, 04:32 PM
I just opened the letter from the meeting, 8 geese statewide in sept. !

That sucks! Its way too many geese. It'll only attract more gougens and idiots. Not to mention whaling on the flocks that we can access. The days of the early season may be numbered!

Bad move IMO!

Oh well thats why they make the big bucks!

tdulkie2
08-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Did i read that right DD complaining about how many geese you can take DD COME ON NOW!!! BROTHA:BM:

TD

DUCKDIGGLER
08-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Everything in moderation........Grasshopper!:hest:

Bones
08-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Well DD,
I think it could be a million geese - after seeing 042(Timmy) miss those green birds - do you think he has any chance of getting 8 geese! His wife just knows it will keep him out in the field longer and away from the house more - so she is all for it!
BWAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Bones

WOODIE13
08-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Go ahead and shoot all those northern residents and they will be making a migratory stop here in VA:WC: