PDA

View Full Version : Jerky Receipes

honker slayer
08-04-2003, 02:39 PM
What do you guys make your maranade out of?:Rich:

Woods and Water
08-04-2003, 02:57 PM
olive oil,red wine vinegar,crushed garlic(alot),cracked black pepper,salt,onion powder,werchester(sp)sauce,red hot.........marinade 24-48 hours

The other thing we use and is alot easier and is almost as good is High country mountain cure(safeway)killer dry marinade!!!!!

honker slayer
08-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks woods, i'll have to give that a try.:BM:

Woods and Water
08-05-2003, 05:42 PM
oh yeah we smoke this meat....that is key!!!!!!
That high countyr mountain cure is very killer stuff.....check it out!!

honker slayer
08-05-2003, 06:50 PM
We'll do woods.:Rich:

WOODIE13
08-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powdert, salt, a little teryaki sauce, some brown sugar, black pepper, a little cajun seasoning, a pinch of thyme, liquid smoke, and worchestershire sauce.

Jac E
09-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey guys ,
How thick do you guys cut the meat and how long would you smoke it in a little cheif smoker thanks for the info.

Jac.

shootnhonkers
09-23-2003, 12:07 PM
I jerky most of the duck and goose and used to mix all kinds of things together and often times it did not turn out to be that great and most of the spices got thrown away with the brine. Now I just purchase a package of dry spices and mix with the recommended amount of meat. I then let it set in the fridge for a couple of days in a ziplock bag. Then smoke in a water smoker with hickory chunks. If you can not get your family to eat wild meat this will change their mind. I really like spicy foods so the Backwoods brand Hot spice is my favorite. It has lots of habanaro. Take a batch to work and you will find out who is really a man.......The Hi-mountain spices are also good. I also give jerky to landowners that give me permission to hunt on their property. But, not usually the hot stuff. I usually do not have any problem coming back each year.............

bigredguy42
09-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Most of the Jerky i make is cut 1/8"

I use one cup brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup pure maple syrup 2 cups of teriyaki sauce 1/2 onion chop up fine
Let the meat sit in the sauce for three days. When im ready to smoke the meat i use two pans of Alder chips and cook for about 8 hrs or until done. Make sure you dont over cook or use to many chip this will make the meat taste bitter

Good luck

WOODIE13
09-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Cut the meat while it is half thawed out. Just makes it easier to contend with to get the desired thickness. I need to invest in a meat slicer. I bought a smoker at Wally world for around $25 bucks and use tooth picks to hang the meat in the smoker. One tooth pick for two slices of jerky. Put it through the end of the slices and it will dry nicely. I also use hickory or mesquite wood chips to help cure the meat. 6-8 hours in the smoker, just depends on the thickness.