PDA

View Full Version : Got a question

Jubilee
08-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Ok, I bought a decoy mold a while back and it was just the body of a goose. Then I bought a little foam to try it out to see if I was going to like it, well I did. Now I am ready to make some decoys, and I need to do one of two things. Either buy a head mold or two, or buy some heads from Cabela's. But my question is:

How do you fasten the heads to the body?

twells
08-05-2003, 12:55 PM
just like they do the herters. there is like a 6" long threaded eyebolt that you screw in the bottom of the decoy (by the keel) and up through the head. it screws into the heads (the ones you buy) and holds it in place. you can tighten or loosen the bolt and make the head swivel if ya want. also, put a washer on the bottow of the decoy where the eyebolt is sticking out. tie your line to the eyebolt and your ready to usem (except painting:ST: )

Jon Barta
08-12-2003, 02:44 PM
I make dekes out of foam too and if your using the foam heads also gorrilla glue works great. I just take a small piece of dowel and stick it into the body, apply the glue to both the boday and the head and stick it on. The glue expands and will get onto the rest of the body but dont worry, the stuff sands off very well. I use it for holes that have been put in by shot too. The I bolt idea would be the way to go if your using pre-made heads.