PDA

View Full Version : modifying heads

goosemasterjk
08-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Just wondering how you guys do it if you just heat them up with a torch and just bend them or what??

twells
08-05-2003, 12:46 PM
i don't know if that will work or not.

here is what i did:

first, i drew the head design that i wanted to end up with on paper. then next to it on the same paper, i drew what the head looked like originally. i then figured out the angle that i needed to cut the head at and proceeded to cut the head at the appropriate angle (works good for making greeters). then i just used a old soldering gun that i had lying around in the basement. i used a bench vise to hold the top of the head steady by the beak. then i placed the bottom end of the head against it and started melting the two pieces back togeather using the soldering gun. i started by doing the 4 "corners" if you will, so that the head will stay intact. then i just carefully used the gun to melt the rest of the "seam" together. when it is done you can see a little line where the head was cut and then melted back together, but sand it smooth and then flock the heads and you can't even tell the heads were cut and melted together.

lemme know if you have any other questions

thomas

honker slayer
08-05-2003, 01:34 PM
twells hit it right on the head, the soldering iron is the way to go.:BM:

Woods and Water
08-05-2003, 03:29 PM
A hack saw and a good soldering gun and your on your way.......at least it was how I did it..