PDA

View Full Version : Have you started working with your dogs.....

Woods and Water
08-08-2003, 12:07 PM
I started going back out for more than just play time(and to beat the heat)at the lake.I started working them on hand signals and mutiple retrives in water,man they act like they never skipped a beat!!I had a buddy bring out his 7 month old pup and let him watch for awhile then put my dogs up and worked his.This lil guy has alot to learn but man its fun working a new lab in the water.....

Pete S
08-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Haven't done a darn thing all summer whith the dog.Been to busy remodeling the house.Gonna start tomorow night.Don't need a injury in the begining of the season.
Pete S

Cut-um
08-11-2003, 03:58 PM
I've been working the bumble bee but it's been so hot in the evenings that we can only train for about 15 minutes before we run for the air conditioner.:CL:

GAChessie
08-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Never stopped, heres one from the other day, my chessie and buddies lab, pretty much all water work down here now, but we get out in the mornings for some land work now and then.

Call'em N
08-11-2003, 11:31 PM
My new 8 month old YLF is kicking a$$. I have been working with her about 4-5 times a week. I was a very happy father today. She nailed a 130 and 80 yard water double with no whistle. We still have alot of work to do to get that MH (start that in February when season is over). Can't wait to see her retrieve her first bird. You will all know about it trust me!

huntingmarsh
08-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Yeah been working with MARSH all summer and she started limping the otherday so I took her to the vet and they gave her some pills and to me to take it easy. But she is starting to mark birds and everything now! I think shes gonna be a pretty good dog if her shoulder heals up before teal season.

Corey

shootem
08-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Never stops 3 to 5 days a week. We quit when they can start walking on water instead of swimming in it.hehe. I still do land work during the winter.