PDA

View Full Version : Avery Goose FB's?

Woods and Water
08-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Has anyone one here actually seenthem up close(put your hands on them)...I thought I person here said they did??I was curious about the paint and if it holds up like the foots or more like the avery duck dekes last year(GG).Also how soft is the body like a foot or like a Higdon....?

I have some on back order so Ill find out eventually but was just curious......

Quack Smacker
08-08-2003, 02:52 PM
touched a Avery Greenhead Gear Floater goose decoy as of today. I used my fingernail to try to scratch it...I tried pretty hard!! It held up to the test. I didn't slam in it on the floor or nothing.... but it was next to a Bigfoot floater and i have to say it looked better as far as paint and head positioning. I'm anxious to see the ducks and the full body honkers! Body on these floaters was more like a higdon or flambeau....but these were floaters!?!?!?

We'll see

Q.S.

Sangamon River Rat
08-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Quack Smacker,
Where did you see these decoys at? I live in central Illinois as well and no place in my area is carrying the Avery Decoys.

Thanks,
Sangamon River Rat :wak: :wak:

Quack Smacker
08-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Peoria....Gander Monutain and then Presleys South Side Worm Ranch. Gander Mt. has the new Avery floaters(goose) for sale..... and Presleys has the Avery "Hot Buy" ducks..(just for display...not for sale yet.

see ya

Q.S.

Woods and Water
08-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Nice to hear, so they hold the paint man Im going to be like these dekes if they hold up like a bigfoot!!!!!!

don835
08-20-2003, 07:38 AM
WW...I touched the Sleeper heads for the Oversized Shells. In fact I have 4 of them. I must tell you that the detail on these heads is incredible. If the Full Body decoy and heads are as good as the sleeper head were in for a real treat. It's really tough watch'in the UPS dude wave as he drives by!!!! Later, Murph.:Rich:

kirsch
08-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Well, I called Wing Supply and asked them why they have been calling people who ordered the Avery full body decoys and saying they are on US soil and will be there any day? They said because that is what the Avery rep told them.

Well, I talked to a whole bunch of guys at Avery and according to all of them, the first shipment of Avery full body decoys are scheduled to leave China any day and there are none, I repeat NONE, on US soil at least not prodcution decoys and there won't be for about another month.

I called Wing Supply today and told them this and they acted like they didn't believe me and were shocked. I wanted them to prove me wrong but so far they haven't been able to. I think the are too embarassed to call me back and tell me that I am right. The sad thing is they have been over-promising these decoys since day 1. I think they might lose lots of business over this as Avery guys have been telling me since day 1 that the decoys would probably be here in late Sept - October. They keep blaming this on their Avery rep but as far as I know, Avery people have been very cautious giving dates and in some cases have even set the expectation, they might not make it in this hunting season.

The only thing the guys at Avery could think of if is someone at Wing Supply was told the Avery decoys (shells) are here and they mixed them up for the Full Body decoys and started calling customers. Not sure, but either way, it is really frustrating. They keep getting a person's hopes up and even calling a guy at home and telling them their decoys are here when they haven't even left China yet. I am really anxious to get these decoys but this experience has really disappointed me. What ever happened to the motto: Under-Promise and Over-Deliver?

honker slayer
08-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Kirsch i'm with you man. They been telling me the same crap. Can't seem to get a straight answer from anybody.:Rich:

FANATIC
08-20-2003, 09:40 PM
i posted on the other avery fb thread.... Tom Matthews answered my question on the avery mb's and said they were scheduled to leave china Aug 23, putting them at the avery warehouse by approx sept 23.... I say that is the best answer we can go on for sure... I would guess wing supply will have them by end of sept at the latest if avery has them by the set sept 23 date...

Call'em N
08-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Woods,
I talked with my local Avery rep ( Eric L ) and he hasn't even put his hands on the fullbodies. I did get to put my hands on one of the Mallard decs and the body and the paint are much more durable than last years. He stated they are going to be using the same painting method as the duck decs. If so I think we will all be impressed. I actually tried to physically scratch the paint of the back on the Mallard with a rock and to my surprise the pait stuck. I think Avery has a winner on there hands. Hopefully this will open the eyes of other decoy makers!

kirsch
08-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Well, at least Wing Supply has called me back after I told them they should stop spreading erroneous dates. The person I talked to confirmed that I was right and that the decoys have not yet left China. I think the fact that I called their bluff and made them look kind of silly, they are now getting really conservative which I like. They said that mid to late October is what they are expecting.

Well, I don't like the answer that they will be this late but at least they are not saying dates we all know are impossible. Hopefully, they will get their shipment early on as they apparently have lots of orders and we will have them before the season ends at least. We will all keep waiting. When someone hears when they actually are on US soil, give the rest of us a shout.

kirsch
08-21-2003, 07:39 PM
The saga continues. Some of you might have gotten called from Wing Supply today too. They told me the feeder decoys are not coming out this year. I quickly called Avery as whenever Wing Supply calls they never seem to be right. The person I spoke with didn''t know what Wing Supply was talking about, so it appears they may have messed up again.

I have asked to have the Avery account manager that works with Wing Supply call me to try and figure out why Wing Supply seems they can't get the information correct. I am not positive the feeders are coming out or not but Avery contacts didn't seem to know what Wing Supply is talking about. To date, I have no reason to believe Wing Supply as they haven't been right yet.

I will hopefully get an answer from Avery tomorrow and I will post what I find out.

FANATIC
08-22-2003, 12:39 PM
keep us posted buddy....:cool:

don835
08-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Kirsch...Get a load of this! I checked my order status on Wing Supplys site today and noticed that my Lookers as WS calls 'em, had been deleted from my order. I called WS to ask about this problem and the gal told me that the "Lookers" would not be made this year. I called Avery and talked to Allen Hughes who is one hellova nice guy. It appears that WS has had a communication problem with Avery.
Here's the deal...originally, Avery was to come out with 3 body styles. The Active, The Feeder and The Looker. The Looker body style will be added next year but the Active and Feeder decoys are being produced and will be available in early Oct. WS had listed the Looker decoy in their catalog and not the Feeder. Herein lies the confusion. Weather or not WS knows it, they will be recieving Feeders not Lookers.
Mr Hughes informed me that He personally will take care of this matter and not to worry...we will be recieving Active and Feeder style Canada Full Bodies. I expect Avery to respond to the problem on this board as well as others in the near future.
With that said, let's all be patient and come October will will be recieving our Averys. PHEW!!! What a Mess considering that WS is the only supplier advertising Avery FB's in their on-line catalog.
Later, Murph...whos gonna pop a cold one and enjoy the weekend.:cool:

kygoose
08-22-2003, 04:54 PM
I might go to Uncle Lee's (Wing's Supply) tomorrow big sale going on. They line up Fri. night for opening at 7 Sat. morn. Gonna get some Avery goose fullbodies:rf: Just kidding boys they'll be here soon, then everyone can enjoy em.

FANATIC
08-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanks Murph....

That cold one sounds pretty damn good... I think i shall join you... CHEERS :cool:

Woods and Water
08-26-2003, 07:54 AM
I recieved a letter stating that they wouldnt have the feeders..???I call Avery and they say they will whats the deal with wing supply???I just want what I ordered and I dont think that is to much to ask .....If anyone gets their order from wing supply I would like to hear if you got feeders or not.Thanks

Foldem
08-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey Mark, after seeing Muph's post I sent WS a little email, here's the response I got:

Dear Kevin,

Allen Hughes(market manager) from Avery sent us a list of the decoys that were not going to be available. The full body canada feeders and the Lifesize snow were on the list. We have taken them out of our system so none will be put on backorder. We have heard conflicting info too but this came directly from the buyer.

Thank You,
Wing Supply
----- Original Message -----

I don't get how they can be so jacked up!

Foldem

don835
08-26-2003, 02:51 PM
Fellas...I just got off the phone with Wing Supply. They and Avery are now on the same page and the Active"s & Feeders wll be available. The item # for the Active Full Body is: A71171 and the item # for the Feeder is: A 71161. If you ordered the Lookers, you must contact WS and re-order Feeders. Hope this helps!
What an ordeal anyway! All I wanted to do was get on a list for these decoys and it turned into a fiasco. Looks like early Oct. for delivery to our door. Later, Murph.:Rich:

Woods and Water
08-27-2003, 08:25 AM
Kevin I hope they are worth all the time Ive spent trying to get a ansewer......I did meet with a guy this weekend in KC and he has seen them up close and siad they are the new deal!!!!So lets keep in touch and see who ghets theres first and see them first hand!!!

Hey you doing any early season goose?????If so get a hod of me and see if we can get out together. Take Care Mark

Foldem
08-27-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey Mark I think they'll definately be worth the wait. I heard you did a good job on Sunday, sorry I couldn't make it out.

I'm heading to Vegas during the early september season for a bachelor party. No opener for me :CL: but :cool:

As for the W. of I-25 season in October I think I'll only make it once or so during the week. I'll be hunting ducks on the opener and then going for an elk on the second weekend. I have Thursdays completely off from school and I can hunt Tuesday and Friday afternoons besides the weekends if you want to try any of those.

I'll give you a call next week about the geese.

Foldem

Woods and Water
08-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Sounds good Ill talk to you soon......hope you make it out with us next year it was fun!!!!

2Hnker
09-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Whats gonna be the price on a dozen of these bad boys?

Foldem
09-26-2003, 11:57 PM
I got mine dozen for $282, that includes 22 in shipping.

Foldem

don835
09-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Foldem...what are you saying here? Have you recieved your GHG Full Bodies? Murph.

Foldem
09-27-2003, 09:02 PM
No haven't recieved them, thats just what my order total comes to. Still waitin, don't worry you guys will know as soon as I get em.

Foldem

Alan P
10-01-2003, 08:16 AM
I just read on the Avery forums that the fullbodies haven't even left China yet. It looks like November at the earliest to reach US soil.

kirsch
10-01-2003, 12:31 PM
NOVEMBER, I just read this too. By then, I will be ice fishing up here in ND most likely. I hate when things are over-promised and under-delivered. Now, I have to decide if I should cancel my order as chances are things will be froze up pretty tight by Nov.

wooduckman
10-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey that works out great for foldem and woods and water...our regular season doesnt open until nov 22....sorry about all of you other guys!