PDA

View Full Version : Avery finisher ??

Quack Smacker
08-10-2003, 01:34 PM
My buddy is looking at buying a Finisher...We looked at one yesterday, but it was the "floor display model". They seem like a nice blind, BUT it was kinda flimsy around the top front of the frame. I honestly don't think it was suppose to be like that....maybe the store employees didn't put it together right??

I myself have an Xlander and it is pretty firm and stable...I would think this Finisher would(should) be just as stable as the F.A. product?? Another guy came walking down the isle and said that his Finisher is alot sturdier than that?? My buddy went ahead ordered a new one from this store. (being the display model was missing directions and carrying strap and seem to rickety.) The new one should be in next week and we are going to put it together in the store to make sure it is a good stable blind...If not I guess he will look at a Xlander....But the Finisher seems to have more room which in my opinion is a good seeling point.

What is your guys opinion on the finisher and in comparison to and Xlander?? By the way...he can pick this finisher up for about $100 less than the Xlander by using store coupon and not having to pay shipping.

Thanks

Q.S.

Eric Strand
08-10-2003, 03:59 PM
I like the finisher a lot. it is a real low profile blind that is very sturdy and dissappearson the ground. is folds up nicely and doesnt weigh much. Your buddy did the right thing in ordering the blind. Mud it up and your ready to go. good luck this season.

" Shoot em with there feet down "
Eric Strand

Quack Smacker
08-11-2003, 07:00 AM
any one got any more details they can tell me about the Finisher??

Thakns

duckpoor
08-11-2003, 08:53 AM
The Older finishers Had a steel frame.
Light weight but still very strong.
The newer one that we have been around have change that material to reduce the weight of the blind.
I do not own one so I am not passing judgement. But our old style are Bullet Proof .
Can't imagine the quality can change much , but the price sure has! They are nearly 100 bucks less that when I got the first one.
Great blind ,great company.

R Green

don835
08-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Quack Smacker...Duckpoor is right on. I have had the first model and last years version. They are Great blinds. Don't be concerned about the flimsy attitude of the blind because it's not flimsy in the least. The support cables are the reason that the blind seems flimsy. Their purpose is to lessen the weight of the blind as well as to allow it to fold up easier. When you get into the blind the feeling is rock solid.
As for set up of display models...well, most of the guys that set these blinds up have never hunted much less set up a blind before. I was in a major name sporting goods store and looked at a Finisher. I noticed that it was really flimsy. I got to looking inside the blind and they had not connected the side supports/height adjusters. Being the nice guy that I am, I connected them up (as the instructions tell ya). Trust me, you won't be disappointed with a Finisher. Hope this helps! Later, Murph.:Rich: