PDA

View Full Version : patterns

DuckhunterDave
08-14-2003, 04:17 AM
I want to try my hand at making some cork gunning decoys. Does anyone have a source for patterns that I could get.

MARIO
08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Dave, there are a great deal of incredible pattern books out on the market that can get you started. Try a book store or a woodworking store. Good luck.

Flipper
08-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Carving suppliers have tons of pattern books, many show different head positions, I know cause I have bought to many!!!!:Rich: My wife says she is going to have a rummage sale when ever she comes in my shop. :OUCH:

greyghost16
08-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Try the book Duck Decoys by Eugene Connett. If you want, I can copy the pages with patterns and mail or fax them to you.

Jossie
08-14-2003, 06:47 PM
You might even try e-bay, sometimes they have some patterns books on there. They are usually pretty simple patterns but it's a beginning.:cool:

DuckhunterDave
08-15-2003, 07:59 PM
thanks for the info. I'll check some of the book stores around here as soon as they all open from the big blackout we had. If anyone comes up with anything else my e-mail is DuckhunterDave@aol.com

RedHeadCali
08-17-2003, 07:52 AM
DDD, Assuming by your handle that your looking for duck patterns. I am just getting into carving and picked up Championship Waterfowl Decoy Patterns by Richard Godin and they are incredible. They come in Puddler, Diver and sea duck. I highly recomend them. Paid $38 from theduckblind.com but am sure they are available everywhere.

If you have not seen Godin decoys, you owe it to yourself to check them out. Do a search and you will see what I meen