PDA

View Full Version : Flocking Floaters???

Eric Strand
08-20-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm thinkin of flocking all my floaters, i know it will add realism but im wondering if the flocking is just gonna rub off in the decoy bags and end up being a waste of time. anybody have any advice for me, thanks a lot.

" Shoot em with there feet down "
Eric Strand

goosehunter12
08-20-2003, 09:16 PM
I have been working on flocking my BF floaters, I havn't used them yet, but I will let you now how well it works. I wasn't sure how well it was going to hold up so I put one in water and the flocking stayed on really good. It made them look great, at the same time I repainted the white on them too.

Hey, great job in the contest last weekend, my son (he will be three next week) and I had a great time. That was the first contest we had gone to.

extrapale
08-21-2003, 10:19 AM
We flocked our Bigfoot floaters last season, and it has held up at least as well as the field decoys.

Call'em N
08-24-2003, 04:21 AM
Eric
I flocked a dzn floaters last year with BWDH flocking material. It held up very well. Some need to be touched up, but no worse than my full bodies do each year. One recommendation I have is to not skimp on the glue. The ones that need touched up is mostly due to not enough glue in certain areas.
Also check out the new Iron Fuzz flocking material. I just got done doing a dzn Higdons and a dzn XPS mallards. I took the mallards out yesterday and splashed them down so my dog could learn how to swim through decs, I must say flocking mallard decoys makes them look pretty good.
You ever want to get rid of those Columbias you let me know!!!!

matt

AL-IA
08-25-2003, 04:55 PM
I too was wondering about this, if the flocking would hold up..I went ahead and flocked then anyway, man does it improve the looks of them..Big foots look so real..Hope they hold up..AL-IA

DrBob
08-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Guys,

check the main site a while back. i putta post up and have been using rustoleum flat black in a can and putting the flock on immediately. works real well. tested a head by leaving it in the shower stall for a week and then outside on the deck in the hot sun for another. REAL durable but i used herter's heads which might be a different kind of plastic than the dekes you guys are doing and the rustoleum flock stuck great. you can only get the flock off if you rub REAL HARD REPEATEDLY! i'm doing this on a couple dozen herters burlap geese that i'm repainting.