PDA

View Full Version : contest at basspro

jeff kreit
08-20-2003, 07:22 PM
any one from here going to the bass pro contest ?

Goose Reaper
08-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Jeff,

You read my mind. Was thinking to ask when it will be this year. I assume you are talking about the Chesapeake Bay and Susquehanna Flats?

Goose Reaper

Eric VA
08-20-2003, 09:11 PM
So Jeff, when is it?

Backpeddler
08-21-2003, 01:51 PM
It is supposed to be the 27th of September but its not published yet. So when it becomes official I'll post up. Keep the 27th open!

WOODIE13
08-21-2003, 05:02 PM
You MD boys might as well stay home if the Reaper is going.:cool:

Goose Reaper
08-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the support Mel, but those MD and DE boys are pretty awesome and have sent me packing with only three cuts the past three years, esp. with the goose calling. I've done good with duck calling in the past, but my weakness is my fat tongue...just can't get a "really good" competition feed chuckle out. Goose, well, my flute can't stand with those guys. Buuuut I've got a trick up my sleeve this year. Gonna be all hit or miss, but worth a shot. We'll see. Didn't put any time into my duck routine practice last year and it showed in the only contest I blew in in 2002, but I've learned my lesson, again.haha Made up for it back in February though when I snagged the VA State Turkey. Just gotta decide whether to make the trip to Nationals or not. Think it's the last weekend of February goose though. That'll be a tough decision!
Lots of geese to kill inb/w now and Sept. 27th though! Come on Opening Day!

Goose Reaper

jeff kreit
08-22-2003, 05:52 PM
all you va boys look me up at bass pro my buddy wyane is gooing to put on a good show i will post a list is weekend when he brings it over thanks and good luck

Blackduck
08-22-2003, 06:02 PM
I think I might just tag along with Reaper and blow too, just for the fun of it. :ST:

The one thing Reaper lacks in duck, I own..... the feed chuckle, lol. I just wish everything else was solid. Reaper, when we gonna start to practice??? :cool:

Goose Reaper
08-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Soon, soon Blackduck!

GR

hayseed
08-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Was at Bass Pro last weekend and then confirmed that it is Sept. 27. I'll be there, but only to watch.....and learn.