PDA

View Full Version : Who's Laying Down Some Reapage?

Goose Reaper
09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
Anybody nockin'em flat on there back?

Didn't do jack silly squat Monday morning...lot of work...big plans...nadda, of course.haha

Took 2 friends this morning on a silage corn field...limited with 15 by 7:15, one band. Great hunt. Needed it bad after yesterday morning's flop.

Goose Reaper

gandergrinder
09-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Took 10 yesterday AM............3 of us hunting..........My dogs first hunt. He did WAY better than I expected. Even retrieved a band! Can't beat that for a opening day hunt!:cool:

WOODROE
09-03-2003, 03:51 AM
REAPER,

MY LUCK SAME AS YOURS MONDAY. DID A WATER HUNT, THE TWO PASTURE PONDS I HAVE ARE SO TALL, AND THE TWO FARMS I HAVE ARE NOT CUTTING.

ONLY GEESE I SAW ALL MORNING, FLEW THE TREE LINE BEHIND ME, AND BARELY MADE A SOUND AT 9:30. WAITED TILL 10:45 AND PICKED UP. ON THE THE WAY OUT ABOUT 11:05 SAME BIRDS (I BELIEVE) FLEW BACK DOWN THE RIVER TALKING LIKE CRAZY LOOKING FOR THE DEKES THAT WERE NOW IN THE BOAT, DAMN !!!

OH WELL, WONT GET BACK OUT TILL FRIDAY. CHECKED LAST NIGHT, ONE OF THE FARMS I HAVE STARTED CUTIING YESTERDAY, BUT WITH THE RAIN COMING IN, DONT KNOW HOW MUCH WILL GET CUT, OR IF THE BIRDS WILL HAVE TIME TO FIND IT BEFORE THE WEEKEND.

GOOD HUNTIN'

WOODIE13
09-03-2003, 12:12 PM
NO REAPAGE HERE!!!

Going out in the morning on the Potomac, again. May have to rely on the WV geese Friday and Saturday.

Goose Reaper
09-05-2003, 09:21 AM
2 of us killed 9 on a silage corn field this morning. Shot into 3 flocks and one single, all inb/w 15-25 yards. Shoulda had a full 2 man limit, but my buddy was a little slow on the swing. Saw 400-500. Great hunt.

GR

goose6984
09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
there where 4 of us out on mon. in the rain and we killed 20.

No bands but we still had a hell of a good time.

Serial Killer
09-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Goose Reaper: Looks like you are off to a good start. Glad to have finally caught up to you. I went to Bama last Sunday. There opener was on Monday. We picked up a cool dozen that morning. The Georgia season does not open till sept 20 . I can't wait.

Take care! Looks like I found your new hang out!
SK :in:

Goose Reaper
09-08-2003, 07:14 AM
Hey Serial,

Yeah, here and the VA 'fuge page. Done well the past couple hunts, too. 4 Saturday and 9 this morning, one band, all on cow pastures. That makes it 37 over my rig so far. Keep on that reapage in GA for me!

Goose Reaper

WOODIE13
09-15-2003, 04:39 PM
WV (blind) hunt-1 on the 5th and scouted the rest of the day.

WV (after some scouting)-on the 6th got 5 and my buddy and his dad got 9 (2 were banded). No bands for me, though.

9/11-Went to the blind I hunted on this fateful day two years ago. Sort of a voyage back in time and me being totally oblivious to all the goings on of the day. I did have a good shoot that day till the news of the planes.

Well, today there were no planes flying into buildings but alot of geese. Had the first flock of 5 come in and took two out of it. Broke the VA streak . In 30 minutes, had about 2 dozen come in, first shot dropped a goose, second shot missed, and third shot hit two, one outright and hit another. Finished him off with two shots and went to get the boat (water was too deep for the waders) and turned around and no bird to be found. It was on the main river and it didn't fly off or I would of seen it. It may have dove and got tangled up in the hydrilla but the bird was motionless. My next theory is the bald eagle that had been checking out the decoys all morning. Even when I shot the first two he was in a tree about 50 yds away watching me. I believe he ripped me off. Anyone ever have a bird snatched by an eagle?

This season, although still not over, has been rough. No real pattern to the birds and too much water every where to contend with.