PDA

View Full Version : Painting, Flocking & Sculpting Help

Honker Down
09-16-2003, 12:20 PM
I've been reading about and seeing the pictures of the decks that you all are touching up and I would like if someone would email me with a phone number of where I may call to get some inside info on just where to start. I am on the east coast in PA and I haven't heard about anyone out this direction doing these type of modifications. I will say that this past weekend I went at a couple of Flambeau Heads with a saw and Butane sodering iron and made a couple of greeters and a streached sentry which I'm pleased with.

Don Adams
chiefo@co.ba.md.us
717-235-5052
Thanks in Advance

Honker Down

Backwing
09-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Welcome Don.

What your doing is a really good start. Just experiment, that's pretty much how everyone else did it. Some of the folks are a little hush hush due to trade secrets and such, particularily with painting, but I think Flipper had a good post a while back on painting. Hit the search button and see what you can find.

Good luck.

Flipper
09-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Don, we don't have any secrets, except where the geese are feeding!!! Here is a post with some other links that should help. If you need more help post up! Oh, welcome to this site, we have a bunch of great guys.

http://www.flocknockers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25248

Honker Down
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Thanks Flipper,

Last night on the way home from work I stopped by the craft store and checked out the airbrushes and paint. I liked the Badger brush, and they had quite an assortment of paints colors to choose from. But now thanks to you I have an idea on the four basic colors. (black,white,sahara tan, & choclate brown) so now to the playing and practicing.

It will take a while to complete the 10 dozen Bigfeet in the trailer. But looking forward to it.

Question on flocking ? Do you flock your feeders as well as the others?

Thanks in Advance....

Flipper
09-17-2003, 02:24 PM
I have not flocked my feeders but that is just me. :Rich:

Honker Down
09-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks for your help and info FLIPPER, I have ben busy cutting and melting some heads. I've ordered some flocking material and should be here in a couple of day so will be able to get started on that. Painintg will be next spring and summer project.