PDA

View Full Version : Duck, Goose, venison, etc.

shootnhonkers
09-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Recipe #1
Slice thinly (roughly 1/2 to 1/4 inch), pat dry. Season some flour or pancake mix etc. with lowries, tony cachers, cajan mix or whatever you like. Season the flour to taste. Dip meat in seasoned flour and put into hot skillet with butter flavoured crisco, olive oil etc. Cook until you no longer see blood. Do not overcook..........We have cooked up nearly a whole venison hind quarter with a few guys and lots of beer..........

Recipe #2
This was originally used with chicken but works great for goose, duck etc.
slice meat like above, pat dry, dip into flour, then to a beaten egg, then cracker crumbs seasoned with your favorite spices. Fry until brown and then bake in a pan with foil over it until done. It is even good cold for breakfast in the blind the next morning....Again I am partial to cajun spices but for the weak palet you can just use salt and pepper. Chicken spice mixtures also work well for waterfowl..........I am getting hungry

:wak:

chcltlabz
09-23-2003, 12:29 PM
I've used receipe 2 for quite a while now, and I've found that the best spice for it is old bay.

Also, we deep fry the pieces, makes it much easier, and we don't bake it afterwards.

Try using a meat hammer on the slices before also.

This is by far my favorite for ducks.