PDA

View Full Version : Smoke'd them!!!

Bones
09-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Tim and I, threw a last minute hunt together today to finish off the last day of the early season here in MA - 2 words........ CRUSHED THEM!!!
If you could put together a perfect hunt - this would be as close to it as possible! Birds came in flocks that were perfect to shoot at - not too many but enough that 2 guys were not shooting the same birds. The birds slid in perfect and the way Tim had the dekes and blinds - they were like floating meatloafs - in front, at 15 yards!!! Tim was on fire shooting (don't think he missed a bird!!) - The first 3 birds in he killed them all - after being gracious and letting me miss on the first 2 shots!!! (man I sucked today!!) We had our 10 birds by 7:30 - and was packing up and leaving by 8:00.
Was the first time out with the dog this year and it was her first field hunt - she did respectable - although there is always some more work that she can improve on!!!! But hopefully we can get more "practice" in when the season starts again!
Thanks again Tim - we gotta " Tear 'em up" again!
Bones
TEAM TEAR'em UP! - BWAAHAAAAAAAAAAA

quack addict
09-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Yeah, yeah go ahead and rub it in. Your hunting and were all working. Did you show Tim the intricasies of the new crayola line of crayons, or did you actually take the day off. Just busting balls Bones, sounds like a great day. I hope the rest of the year works out just as well.

Bones
09-25-2003, 09:44 AM
QA - how hard can you be working if your sitting here reading my post!!????
Bones

featheredfriend
09-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Sounds like an awesome hunt boys! Gotta love it when everything just slides in perfect..........

quack addict
09-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Hell, I never said I was working hard.:BM: Besides I didn't make them put the computer on my desk. Now get to work and send me that all green, 64 crayon, box set of Crayolas so I can color in my envy.

DrBob
09-25-2003, 01:11 PM
So Bones, how many crayons did you sell this A.M.?:JW: I'm getting all watery-eyed reading that about that hunt!... :CY: Sounds like you guys had a great hunt. You two are the team - "TEAM MASS" :LOL: Great news!

tdulkie2
09-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Bones, had a great time this morning glad you could come up to hunt and to see litty work it was a great morning fast but great!!

Tim and litty with two man limit of geese by 7:30 am last day of early goose !!

Tim

tdulkie2
09-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Bones with litty!!

tdulkie2
09-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Bones and litty waiting for the morning birds !! Litty in the hide apooch blind!!

Tim

Black Brant
09-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Nice to see ya Boy's Wackem ! By the looks of the pic's bones
was right, PERFECT DAY, nice way to finishup on the early season, and hope it keeps going well into the regular season for you boys:uh: :cool:

Bones
09-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Great pics Tim - I am still amazed at the way those birds came in and didn't even know that the blinds were there - I was leary at first about the profile of the Hide-a-pooch - but those geese never knew it was there - especially all grassed up - it disappeared! Nothing worse than spending money and it doesn't work - that blind is a great investment already!
I like the before and after pics - notice the sparkel in lyddies eye before the morning - but she was kind of tired after going long for that cripple and carrying those birds by the end of the day! Went out and got one of those Dead Fowl goose today to get her neck into shape for the regular season!!!
Bones

real oak lane
09-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Man I love when planning and preperation come together!!Looks like a great way to end the early season.Congrats on the great memories you made today!!!!

Regards, Rich

Sinkbox
09-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Way to go Bones!!!!:Bn: What a hunt.....I missed our last week of the season here in VA ----Hurricane Isabel, a mean lady....just got my power back this AM that was out for 8 days. Heading to Canada in 12 days, I'll send you some pics! Maybe I'll see you in MD later in the year.

Sinkbox <><

Pete S
09-26-2003, 02:25 PM
Way to wack'em boys:cool:!!Tim did you use that X-Lander?
Pete S

DUCKDIGGLER
09-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Nice work fellas!!

Looks like you really ground'em up!!

Bones glad you like that Hide-a-Pooch, we will see how that baby works down here in Nov. ! ! Plan on it! You and that Timmy character.

Timmy , nice work brother! Them bad boys are eatin that SuperMag up! Aren't they? Pencil it in now boys we have an appointment in November!! True that!

Bones how'd the Whoop work out?

Nice pics fellas!

Bones
09-26-2003, 04:23 PM
DD - didn't use Whoop, Tim was nice enough to cut me some grass the night before and I used that - as soon as I get some time going to put the grass together!
Yeah - thanks for the H-A-P, dog did really well in it - was very nervous at first (when your the guest you don't want your dog to act different) but after Tim tore up the first 3 birds - an she was rock solid in the blind, I was able to relax a little!!Already have it on my calender - Nov- CT- With DD and Tim! You better keep up your practice shooting or Tim is going to show you how's its done!
Word up - Bones

tdulkie2
09-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Count me in DD we'll be there shoot'in sky rats with brotha , Bones your dog did great out there , I just don't think Bones ever had birds come that cloce where they blink at you when they land -HHAAHHHEE I did see bones nock down a couple though!!

Tim