PDA

View Full Version : Decoy Spread scenario

Wtrfwlr
08-03-2000, 11:36 PM
Let's say you are going to set up for Canada's. You have 2 dozen full bodies, 2 dozen silo's, 18 mag shells, and 6 super mag shells. Assuming you are going to set the decoys up in family groups, how would you set the spread?

Aaron
08-04-2000, 12:30 AM
hmm. my first choice would be a very spread apart U shape, if it was cold I would put them more together. But the bottom of the U would be the full bodies. Each tip would have a dozen silo's. I would then put 10 mag shells on one side between the full bodies and silo's, then the other 8 mags on the other side between the two. Then I would take the half dozen supers and place them about 20 yards off to either side of the full bodies to look like some resting geese having a good ole time away from the crowd. My second option would be a T pattern. I would put the silouettes as the line down the middle of the T. Then in the middle of the T I would put the full bodies, then the outsides of the top of the T I would put 9 mags and 3 supers on each side. Sounds good to me.

------------------
"Shoot to Kill"

GP101
10-09-2001, 02:40 PM
Id put them in groups of like 20 or so and like 4 of about 10 yrds away from the others make and X pattern around your blind.