PDA

View Full Version : My wife wants to shoot my dog!!!

Widowmaker
10-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Okay, that's a lie. Sometimes I wonder who loves him more, me or her. But anyway, here's the question:

He loves to dig in the yard. I must admit, this also annoys me, not just the wifey. It's very unsightly, and I really don't know how to stop it. Do any of you have suggestions for stopping this habit?

Don't know if this makes any difference, but he seems to do it near bushes most of the time. Don't know if he's going for roots or what.

Thanks in advance for any help.

RAY_PA
10-06-2003, 08:38 AM
dont know if it works, but I have heard that you should toss some of his poop in the holes and he will quit digging there.
On the plus side, I bet it keeps his nails trimmed for ya! :Rich:
Good luck, Ray

JK
10-08-2003, 07:00 PM
this will take some time, BUT you can collar condition your dog with an e-collar, then you can stop any bad habits. collar conditioning is a specific process, but well worth your time. you probably didnt want this sort of answer, but i thought id toss it in there just in case. if you decide to go this route and need help, let us know and we can proceed with more elaborate details.

jake

Widowmaker
10-09-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm not against using an ecollar, as I have one I use on him for training for hunting, and I use another one for containing him in the yard.

So far, burying the poop has worked!!! Thanks Ray, for the suggestion!

JK, any info you might have would be appreciated, though. Thanks!

Ranger/Max
10-13-2003, 05:56 PM
I have 3 Labs and none of them dig, but we also have 3 Borzoi and they do like to dig. So far burying poop works, but a lot of times they just dig somewhere else. Oh well, I guess you get your yard fertilized a little at a time.