PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Damaged CarryLitte Decoys....Help!

BandCollector
10-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Does anyone have any experience with repairing decoys? I have acquired some Carry Lite magnum Canada Goose shells which were chewed by mice and have holes in them ranging from 1" to 4" in diameter. Are there any particular methods for repairing them or are they a lost cause? Thanks, John (BandCollector)

Flipper
10-06-2003, 03:29 PM
I would just use them for fill on the up-wind side of the spread, the geese will never notice the cooling vent holes. IMHO, They never cared about all the routered slots in the decoys when we used them on chair blinds.:Rich:

theislander001
10-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Just use a glue gun and heavey duty gluesticks and glue them from inside. I have even used pieces of plastic from an ice cream dish for those really big holes. Just rough up plastic with sand paper and glue it on then buy a little can of paint that you match up and paint the patch. I know it sounds quite simple but it works. I am going on 4 years with some I patched and believe me I do not baby them.

Call'em N
10-18-2003, 10:19 AM
I have to agree with Flipper. If they get close enough to flair from the holes they should have already flaired from the BB's.