PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot Floaters

don835
10-14-2003, 01:49 PM
For those of you who have BF floater decoys and transport them in decoy bags: can I stuff 8 BF floaters into a 30"x"50" decoy bag?
If not, what size bag will I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Later, Murph.:Rich:

DUCKDIGGLER
10-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Murph, have fit 7 in my 36x50 but with a little squeezin you could probably do 8. But hell you gotta carry them things once they are in there! :Rich:

don835
10-15-2003, 06:35 AM
DD...Thanks for the reply. I don't need to carry them. I don't have any room in the truck so I plan on bagging them and securing them to the Hitch Haul. But your right, that could be a load to carry any distance.
Did you have as much fun as I did putting on the heads? WOW!
I nearly popped a hemmoriod trying to get the curved neck feeder head on. The decoy body interferes with the beak when you attempt to screw the head on. No way in hell am I taking these heads off! One good thing though...they should not fall off.
Great decoy though. They should look Great mixed in with the HC's. Later, Murph.:Rich:

DUCKDIGGLER
10-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Man they are sure pretty slippin around on the water! I spend a lot of time admiring them floating around. You better go easy on them ROIDS buddy! LOL

don835
10-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Well...I found out that I can only get 5 BF Floaters in my 30 x 50 bags. Guess I'll put 4 in a bag and be happy with it. On another note, several of my BF Floaters have what sounds like a metal ballast weight moving around in the body. What's this all about?
I just figured that the keel was weighted but it appears that it is not. Could it be that the BF people placed the weight inside the decoy and that somehow they can work loose? I don't think it will hurt anything because it doesn't move much...just kind of bothers me. Any of you BF Floater owners had this problem? I think I'll fill up the bathtub and float a couple to see if they ride ok.
Of course, I'll have ta have a couple Mickey low carbs while I'm doi'n the experiment!!! Later, Murph.:Rich:

Woods and Water
10-22-2003, 04:18 PM
Hunting over alot of different BF flaoters and dont remember any making a (metal) type noise inside.I will have to go check to be sure .....