PDA

View Full Version : Saunders, Zink, Foiles, Grounds..........how do I decide???

puddlejumper
08-04-2000, 10:48 AM
Guys, I need some suggestions! I want to buy a new custom goose call for the upcoming season. I own a half-breed plastic and a long honker right now. I'm torn between Saunders, Zink, Grounds Long Mag, Foiles, LLares.... can any of you provide suggestions and/or advice? I'm pretty proficient with the half-breed (not an expert by any means), so a call that is somewhat difficult to learn doesn't really scare me anymore. What do you think?

------------------
Belly-up & feet danglin'...
puddlejumper

IDBrian
08-04-2000, 11:04 AM
Well PJ, that is a tough decision. I started with the half-breed then got the Saunders and I will probably eventually end up with atleast two of the others you mentioned eventually. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/rolleyes.gif I can tell you for sure that you won't be disappointed with the Saunders if you decide on that one. I haven't tried any of the others....YET!

puddlejumper
08-04-2000, 11:12 AM
Thanks Brian. It IS a tough decision, but maybe I'm making too much of it, I don't know. That Zink maple call is gorgeous! And at $100 for the rest of the week, it's a pretty good deal in my eyes. The Saunders looks really good too, and better yet, he's in Washington! Haven't heard one bad thing about his calls. Same reputation goes with Foiles, and I KNOW Grounds' calls can hunt!

Hell, maybe I'll just go on a spending spree and buy 'em all!!! (yeah, like the wife wouldn't be a little pi*sed about that one - HA)

------------------
Belly-up & feet danglin'...
puddlejumper

Goose Hunter
08-04-2000, 01:10 PM
I'd get the Saunder's. It's a real goosy call, and Cliff will tune it anyway you want it. Haven't heard one bad thing about it.

Good Luck!

------------------
Eat, Sleep, Hunt, & work on flocknocker's <B>GREAT LOOKING</B> website.

Flocknocker
08-04-2000, 02:46 PM
Hey Goose hunter I have never had to tune a call from Bill or any of the ones I sell at my web site. All the calls are tuned by the callmakers. I tune the Mag Cluckers and lots of other calls for others guys. That is why I sell the calls I do becasue those guys all tune the calls just great and I never have a worry about any of them.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We'er All About Geese"