PDA

View Full Version : The Ancient Art of Paralyzing Geese??????

MN (Strait) Meat
08-05-2000, 05:43 AM
Not exactly sure what that is all about. I expected him to say something about when you get them to lock their wings up, they are paralyzed!!!! But, I watched the whole tape pretty close and I did not hear him explain that one. I didn't know goose hunting was an ancient are either, but then again what do I know. He has some really interesting views, some I agree with, some I never thought of and some that I thought were all wet. But then again, who am I to disagree with one of the greatest goose callers ever? He does know his stuff and I agree that it is one of the best instructional tapes I have seen. Now I just have to get the wife to leave the house so I can crank away!! I do like the call too. Not so sure about that big bell on the end. The shape of the call is very similiar to a Eastern Shoreman. Of course it is much shorter, but the bells on the end etc. make it seem like a cut down version. My issue with the bell is I personally have very small hands. My wife's hands are bigger than mine. I am about 6'2" and 230lbs, but I have the hands of a 12 year old. Short stubby fingers. I can barely wrap my thumb and forefinger around that bell. It will take some work. Anyway hats of to Cliff once again for coming thru and getting the N.W. dealership and sharing with us guys in the midwest!!

Ben-IA
08-05-2000, 08:49 AM
Just curious, what parts did you not agree with? I like to get a idea of what everyone thinks about goose hunting.
Ben

Bill Collector
08-05-2000, 08:58 AM
You know what they say about guys with small hands! hahahahahahaha!!!!

(small gloves?)

Personally I ate up the whole video. Maybe I am a little gulible.

------------------
Bill Collector

I collect bluebills, ringbills, spoonbills or any fowl with a bill!

MN (Strait) Meat
08-05-2000, 09:00 AM
Yeah, they quit borrowing their cousins all their calls, including Betts, Mann etc. and also all their videos..............

Bill Collector
08-05-2000, 09:58 AM
Ouch!