PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone seeing.?.?.?

GooseMan17
11-10-2003, 11:55 PM
What's everyone seeing? Birds on the move?? How's everyone's seasons going if they are in?

Good Huntin,
Gooseman

DUCKDIGGLER
11-11-2003, 02:44 AM
The Geese are everywhere up here,. Honks and even a few Snows. Ducks are in good #s but not great #s yet. I think we need a big storm front from our Canadian brothers to push a few more down.:CY:

Sinkbox
11-11-2003, 02:12 PM
:hp: Nothing here at all!!!!!!!:bh:

Sinkbox <><

straitmeat
11-11-2003, 03:46 PM
just now starting to see divers down here, only going to get better from here:in: :wak:

featheredfriend
11-12-2003, 05:08 AM
Things are running late up here this year by about 3 weeks. Plenty of geese heading south from Labrador and are holed in PEI. Ducks are just getting on the move. Finally turned cooler here and some of the small lakes and ponds are skimming over w/ ice. Some of the divers are moving out into the bays, but no numbers of whistlers here yet... very late. Still some geese hanging in these parts but I'd say they'll be moving south your way pretty soon lads.

theislander001
11-15-2003, 08:29 AM
The season started out reallly poor here.Weather was too warm. Numbers of geese were way down. But the weather is cooler now and the hunting is heating up now in fine fashion. Having a great hunt. seems to be alot of young birds around this year compared to last year. But that just means easier shooting. He He He

Oh by the way Featheredfriend if you dont hurry up and get your butt over here to the island and help me kill some of these geese , Im going to have to get some of the other boys in here to kill them, its getting pretty wild here.

BigRed77
11-15-2003, 10:45 AM
:KH:
Out this morning in a place called Margate, PEI ( about 30 minute drive west of Charlottetown, PEI ) we shot 30 Canada's before 8:30 a.m. AST. In a harvested barley field, strong wind out of the North........lots of birds around but getting really smart about rigs. Mostly used stuffers and flocked decoys.
Hey Islander001, you wouldn't happen to be at work today are you? Our buddy still owes me for that choke. Perhaps I should choke him. It has only been over a year now. Any thoughts / suggestions?
Big Red 77
Knockin' em from 35 yds. Awesome to be able to look 'em in the eye and see their reaction !!!!!

Bones
11-15-2003, 01:36 PM
Went out yesterday in the hurricane like winds - was surprised to have see tons of GW teal! They are never around the interior of MA this long! Saw a good number of mallards but they were holding tight along cottages due to the weather.
Only saw one small flock of geese for the day - hopefully the others were locked down from the wind like the mallards. Just when it starts getting good I have to go Deer hunting:NW: Oh well hopefully I can make short work of it and get back to the swamps!
Bones:tn: