PDA

View Full Version : Flambeau The Judge decoys

BigRed77
11-16-2003, 06:03 AM
Has anyone seen the Judge full bodies in a store?
What do they look like? I've seen them in various magazines and websites and from there they look good. Open to thoughts/comments. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm planning to purchase 1-2 more dozen full bodies and I'm searching for the best decoy. Please respond.
Thanks
Big Red from P.E.I. :CF:

husker
11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
I seen them in Cabelas a couple of times, they look exactly like a bigfoot. Didn't look too close at them but did notice a patch of paint missing under the butt of the goose. Obviously not a good sign. They are selling for $89/4 - almost same as a big foot. You won't see me buying any of these. First of all I have a problem with companies that TOTALLY COPY somebody elses product (Bigfoot). Second of all, I can almost gaurantee you that it will not hold it's paint as well as a Bigfoot and the foot base doesn't look too impressive. My best advice would to buy bigfoots or wait for the GHG full bodies.

Nick Johnson
11-17-2003, 07:18 PM
#1: Its Flambeau so the paint will naturally be horrible (cannot withstand my fingernail)

#2: Its a complete knockoff of Bigfoot, almost down to the feather.

#3: The Brown is too brown and the silver is too peachy and has no transition between the two.

Bigfoot is your best bet, I wouldnt put a dime up for them.

BigRed77
11-20-2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the thoughts gang. I think I'll hold off on purchasing any and have a look at the GHG coming soon.
Thanks again......
Big Red from PEI

gooseman51
11-22-2003, 08:30 AM
i bought 10 doz, and the paint is staying on as good as my big foots, have used them very hard, the base makes them more stable than the big foots in the wind, geese decoying to them as good or better than big foots, gander mountain has them on sale for about 190.00 a doz. right now, i am going to get 10 doz. more at that price. home depot hac a new flat acrylic spray and i tried it on some duck decoys and it works super, going to spray all my decoys with it, i used sand paper on the ducks and can't hardly ruff the stuff up.

the gooseman!!!!

hear the silent wings!!!!!:in: :wak: :in: :wak:

Call-em-in
11-24-2003, 05:13 PM
We had a doz with us in Canada and all of us hated them!! Their quality is okay, and yeah they look pretty good and will kill geese, but the are a pain in the arse to carry.

I can carry 8 BF's by stringing them up my arms, can't even get close to that with the Flambutts. I wouldn't want one doz, much less 20 :CL: :LM: