PDA

View Full Version : All Right fellas...hows the season going so far??

DUCKDIGGLER
11-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Lets hear it guys, how is the season treatin ya so far? Geese , ducks? What are ya all killin? Any bands?

We have been shootin a few ducks mostly mallards and teal. A few blacks and woodies too. Shot 3 snows and a shite-load of honks. Only one band for me so far..goose but my buddies have also killed 2 other banded honks ove rthe rig. Not too bad all in all but I do hope it turns colder we could use some new ducks soon.

C'mon fellas how bout a little progress report!!!:HP:

Bob Onit
11-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Started out real slow, then got a little better. Now its closed and the birds are everywhere. Thank God for deer season. Hope the late goose season is as good as it was when we shut down. See you in the corn Diggler!:wak:

Bill Morrison
11-18-2003, 04:07 AM
Hey DD,

It was tuff hunting opening day. That wind had blown all of our water out, and the birds didn't want to be in the fields. Ponds were the hot spots. We were able to get our birds. It looks like more ducks are moving in the area. Things should be real good in another week. Of course that's when we shut the season down for deer hunting. Good luck!!

goose6984
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
So far so good i guess. My friends and i just started huntin hard last year and we only got 49 all season.... But so far this year we r up to 67.. i never thought that we would improve that much over one years time.. We got 26 on sat. between 6 of us...

Good luck the rest of the year.. :wak:

Mike B
11-18-2003, 06:05 PM
We hit the geese hard. Only 1 neck band for me so far, it is awsome to see yellow coming in on them honks. Last day of AP zone we took 4 bands.

Ducks have been slow for me, just a few mallards and teal. I just can't figure them out.

:hs:

MIke

honker slayer
12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Started out like gang busters but its slowed up some. This warm weather is killing us. 118 geese but no bands:uh:

The Baron of Bufflehead
12-03-2003, 05:29 AM
We've slowed right down here, with the onslaught of winter weather. Our early goose season started out slow, but we laid into them pretty hard from late September to end of October. Also had a few real good shoots in November. I've seen a few goose leg bands leave the field in other guys pockets, but none for the Baron. Chokes me up eveytime. Saw a couple of orange neckies sitting in a local park, but never saw them over the stubble. We entertained Sinkbox and his son a few days and that really made our season memorable.

As for ducks, I've been out a little more than ususal. No big limit shoots, but some nice mixed bags and good times with friends. Shot my first Wigeon this year - a nice drake, so that was good. Other than that, it's time to hit the big lake for Butterballs! Already did once, and got a new avatar out of it:rf: Just need some dirty weather and I'll be out there again.

WingTalker
12-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Best year ever. Myself, i've got 60 down and i only hunt one day a week. Between 3 of us, we're pushing 350. It's been a REALLY great year for us. As for duckies, 40 for me, probably close to 200 for the three of us. WHAT A YEAR!!!! :Bn:
oh ya, we got one band too. Thinks it was the only bird in the province with jewlery.

Wingtalker :wak:

Bill Morrison
12-04-2003, 08:57 PM
It's been downright ugly here in Maryland where I hunt. We do have some birds, but between the warm wheather we were having and the wind the geese have been all screwed up. We managed to get a few, but it seems that they have been following the river and heading stragiht to ponds. Oh well hopefully that means the second half will be better. Good hunting and be safe!!!

Don't forget to think about the Creator as you are out hunting the created.