PDA

View Full Version : Final Approach Ground Hog Blinds

goose pit
08-05-2000, 08:30 PM
Ok my orignal idea was to get a Elimanator blind, but after thinking long and hard about it, I don't see spending 400 bucks for one. So I saw the Ground Hog blind. Do any of you guys have one? Or know anybody that has one? I just wanna get some in-put on them. $189 doesn't sound too bad for a good blind. Is it worth the money? Any in-put would be helpful. Thanks guys! Take care.

------------------
Goose Pit
Minnesota Slough Crew
"let em' swing!"

Ben-IA
08-05-2000, 09:03 PM
To be honest with you the Ground hog looks ok, but you can't beat an Eliminator blind. It is well worth the money. I would think you would freeze your ass off in a Ground hog.
Ben

Mallardslayer
08-05-2000, 10:28 PM
You mean F-R-E-E-Z-E!

I'm witcha, man I know what ya mean.

Shoot'em between the eyes

2YellowDogs
08-06-2000, 10:10 AM
Goose Pit:

I have hunted with both and I have some input on purchasing decisions for my local DU event. Last year we gave away two eliminators and to be different this year (and cut costs) we are raffling off ground hogs. The Eliminator is the Mercedes of blinds but if cost is a factor the Ground Hog is a very good alternative. The beauty of the ground hog is in its smart design. It carries 3-4 dz. silhouettes, has the proper back rest angle, comes with a foam pad to keep your rear end warm and a water resistant cordura covering with stubble straps to cover your body and legs. All of this is carried like a back pack which is a nice option when you're 'humping it' into a field that you can not drive in, as opposed to carrying an eliminator. It really all depends on your style of hunting. Some of the guys I hunt with hate equipment since it complicates the hunting process whereas others have to have the best of the best. Both of your considerations will probably satisfy what you want to achieve and the quality of each is superb. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

2YD's

wingfeather
08-08-2000, 07:19 AM
the groundhog is a pack in style blind nothing like the eliminator. If you decide on the eliminator spend the extra money and buy the pro-guide much more comfortable then the standard. You have three more inchs for calling and two flag ports on the sides.

take-um
08-08-2000, 08:09 PM
i bought a ground hog after many long talks with ron the owner of final approach i just got it in the spring so i have yet to hunt out of it but i've spent alot of time lying in it and its very comfortable it has the same floor and backrest as the elim but instead of the frame over your body you just have like a cordura sleeping bag