PDA

View Full Version : How old are yu'll?

buck_master_2001
08-06-2000, 04:50 AM
I am just curious how old are yu'll.I am 16 yrs old.But I know more about goose hunting than alot of others my age and some that are older.Come on now u can all ADMIT it!!!!!

shootem
08-06-2000, 06:15 AM
I am 46 years youmg have hunted since I was 8 years old. My Father did not hunt or fish much so I did every thing pretty much on my own. I have just started to get big into duck and goose hunting the last couple of years. Before that, big time walleye fisherman and big game hunting. I was also real heavy into pheasant hunting. The goose hunting I am really just learning, and I know I have picked the right spot to learn from.

Bill Collector
08-06-2000, 06:42 AM
Shootem, if you haven't been over to the Northern Central Flyway Forum, check it out.

I am 20yrs old. I have been duckin since I was 3 and goosin since I was in about 3rd grade. Didn't start shootin till I was 10, tho. I don't claim to know it all, especially with the rapidly changing technology in Goose Hunting, but I sure do love it.

NR

------------------
Bill Collector

I collect bluebills, ringbills, spoonbills or any fowl with a bill!

tsodak
08-06-2000, 07:07 AM
29, a farmer from NESD, where we just KILL the birds. Married with three little ones who are already into hunting.

limey
08-06-2000, 07:35 AM
I am 36 with three children and a big urge to shoot some wildfowl

animalman
08-06-2000, 08:23 AM
29 Been hunting ducks and geese since I can remeber. Dad and both grandfathers hunt(ed) and got me started early. Thats proably what got me into my career. Married 1 son.

------------------
Start them right, Take'em hunting

Flocknocker
08-06-2000, 09:44 AM
Well I am 47 but soon to be 48. I love to hunt geese. I have backed off the guiding cause I got hurt real bad and just can't do it like you should, if you are going to ask folks to pay you, you have to be 100%. The kids are doing most all of it now and I can do more buddy hunting,heheh, breaks my heart. I have a great wife of 28 years Debe and a daughter 27 and a son 21. Oh and I can't forget my best huntin bud Max he is a black lab, he is a hunting fool. He is not to happy that we won't be doing much guiding, he thinks I am trying to slow him down. The whole family hunts, mostly deer and we have a great time. I love guns and calls and blinds and you name it. But what I love most is a big bunch of them long necked suckers setting down in my spread. Goose hunting is either in your blood or not. And if it is you can't do a damn thing about it, other than go kill a bunch of em. But that only last a day or two then it comes back on ya, hehe. Man am I proud to have such a buch of good old boys hear at the Goose Roost, THANK YOU ALL.

------------------
Flocknocker
"We're All About Geese"

Goldeneye
08-06-2000, 01:25 PM
29 yrs. old here. I am a Deputy Sheriff and enjoy hunting geese, ducks, turkey, and deer. Used to do more small game hunting but I love the sound of a big fat bird hitting the ground or the water.

Any of you Northern-Atlantic Flyway hunters, get over to "your" forum and start posting. We want to know what's going on where you live (with the geese that is) So come on over.

Goldeneye

Mallardslayer
08-06-2000, 02:06 PM
I'm 36 yrs old. have been hunting since I was knee high to a coot ( that would be 7 yrs. old for those of you who didn't know). I'm been married for 17 yeras I have a son 16 yrs old. a daughter 12 yrs and my Lab Renegade's Shoot'em to the Max (call name MAX)oh yeah can't forget Taco, yep you guessed it a Chihuahua. I love to hunt Waterfowl it's in my blood.

Shoot'em between the eyes

[This message has been edited by Mallardslayer (edited 08-06-2000).]

Duxrule
08-06-2000, 02:36 PM
34, been hunting since I was 12, going with my dad since about 7. Started the goose hunting thing on my own just couple years back. So far, the geese are winning most of the battles, but I'm learning and upgrading (i.e. spending more $$$ on equipment) and am going to win the war. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

goosejuicer
08-06-2000, 04:48 PM
I'm 27, going on 12. I have been hunting for about 14 years. Goose hunting is my favorite, but I enjoy almost any type of hunting. I have two young'uns, and can't wait to share the outdoors with them!!

goose pit
08-06-2000, 05:39 PM
17 here going on 18 at the end of the month. I too know alot about goose hunting compared to the other guys in my area. And it aint braggin if you can back it up!

------------------
Goose Pit
Minnesota Slough Crew
"let em' swing!"

Go4Ducks2
08-06-2000, 06:36 PM
I'm 44 and when it comes to hunting I will be 25 for ever!! My best hunting buddy is Charlie my 110lb choc. lab he's 3.
I "go4ducks2" but Goose hunting is my real love.
Nothing beats a group of blackfeet locked and coming down....it really gets my blood pumping!!

broadwaydrew
08-06-2000, 06:43 PM
Well i am 16 years old and i hunt a lot of ducks but i do hunt geese a little but nothing much to speak of. But i have hunted since i was 8 or so and i do know thing or 2 about hunting.

You guys in the south central part of the usa come join me int he forum for US and post up and lets get it rolling.

andrew

buck_master_2001
08-06-2000, 07:03 PM
I forgot to say I started hunting when I was 8 years old in Ohio where I was legal.I used to go out hunting with my dad when I was about 3.I have a lab named Tobias but we just call him Bias

Ben-IA
08-06-2000, 07:18 PM
I just turned 23 and just graduated from college. Time to join the real world I guess!! My dad got me started pheasant hunting in about 7th grade. A few years later my buddy turned me on to the great sport of waterfowling! Thousands of dollars later I still haven't looked back!! I am hooked for life!!
Ben

BaRtMaN
08-06-2000, 09:18 PM
Bm2001 I am 34 will be 35 next month. I am a journeyman tool and die maker for about 13 years now. I have been married for 8 yrs to my beautiful wife Melissa and have a 5 yr old son that goes on 3-4 goose and duck hunts every year with me since he was 2. I have a 2 yr old yellow female lab MIRIA she is a real trooper in the blind or field. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
"TAKE'EM" BaRtMaN

Coho
08-07-2000, 09:50 AM
Just turned 45. Been duck huntin' for 32 years but never really goose hunted. So I'm a newbie to geese. Have shot some lesser snows in W WA but just a couple canadas.(one while pheasant hunting)

Gandergunman
08-07-2000, 10:22 AM
I am 37 and just started goose hunting heavily several years ago. I still duck hunt a little but chasing big honkers around is now my passion!

puddlejumper
08-07-2000, 11:12 AM
I am 32, been hunting since I was 10. Started goose hunting about 5 years ago - still learning. Been married 5 years to my wife Rachel. She's great. Lets me hunt pretty much whenever and wherever I want. No kids yet, but we're working on it. http://64.176.94.12/ubb/eek.gif I have a 4 year old (she'll be 5 at Christmas) female black lab named Maggie. English bloodlines, great temperament - not high strung at all. Finally, I'm one of three owners of a general contracting company in Tacoma, Washington. Takes a lot of time from hunting sometimes, but it's worth it.

Nice to "meet" all you guys again.

------------------
Belly-up & feet danglin'...
puddlejumper

IDBrian
08-07-2000, 11:48 AM
I just turned the big 30 last month. I have been hunting everything that is legal since I was 12 but I'd give up everything else for waterfowl hunting. I work for a general contractor here in Idaho as an estimator.

[This message has been edited by IDBrian (edited 08-07-2000).]

buckduck
08-07-2000, 12:30 PM
I am 55 years old, and have been hunting since I was 12. I am retired and master guide for a local but nationally known hunting club.I hunt ducks ,geese,doves,turkey,deer and rabbits.My true passions are deer and geese.I enjoy helping other have successful hunts.It`s a way of passing on my love of hunting and nature.I think there is always something new to learn and a new trick or two to discover.

------------------
Appose gun control.It`s hard to hit ducks with rocks

[This message has been edited by buckduck (edited 08-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by buckduck (edited 08-07-2000).]

Skeet in NZ
08-07-2000, 11:44 PM
I am 38 yrs, just started chasing geese for 2 years now. Got hooked more this year thanks to Flocknocker. Married for 14 years and have 2 girls. Hooked up with the wife as her Daddy could take me places hunting that most people couldn't get too (hahhahaha) at 18. I have been hunting since I was about 9yrs and that was rabbits.

Have to laugh as my darling wife has just brought me a fourwheel drive flat deck ute so I can go chase the ducks and geese in the areas that my old car woun't go to. I think she wants me to take the girls out more and this is her way of sweetening me up. hehe

------------------
Skeet in NZ

Norris
08-08-2000, 12:16 AM
I am 59 and have been duck and goose hunting since I was 12. During my teens, we (my dad and brother) hunted Northern Calif. and Southern Oregon (Tule Lake, Klamath Basin, Humbolt Bay). Over the years I have managed to hunt these areas often. I am retired military and during my various assignments was able to hunt for a lot of different birds in some interesting parts of the world. I enjoy shooting my shotgun at any thing that flies, but, my real passion is goose hunting. I use to salmon fish every weekend but, when the fish population got so bad, I sold my Whaler and started riding my Harley. I am currently employed as the VP of a Seattle based trucking company and live in Tacoma, WA. Iím please to see so many young fellows addicted to this sport.

http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif http://64.176.94.12/ubb/biggrin.gif

wingfeather
08-08-2000, 06:04 AM
I'm 43 killed my first duck when I was 10 been head over heals for hunting ever since big game ok but nothing does it for me like geese. Big ones little ones all different shapes and sizes! Its really great to have such first class hunters to chat at good luck and have a safe hunting season. Bob,

Aaron
08-08-2000, 10:20 AM
I am 16. I have hunted ducks and geese for only about two years now and I feel learned quite a bit in those two years, these internet forums have helped me out a lot! Otherwise I have hunted pheasants and deer with my dad since I was real little, but didn't use a gun till I was 10 for pheasants, and 12 for deer.

Duckenator
08-08-2000, 10:56 AM
I'm 29, this is my first year for goose hunting, been hunting on and off (military permitting) since I was 12. Love to bushwack ducks!!!!

------------------

michigander88
08-08-2000, 11:22 AM
I'm 32 and used to be adyed in the wool bowhunter, until I killed my first goose. Now thats the only way to go. been hunting fowl for near 10 yrs. Wish I'd started sooner.
michigander88